SPA112 and SPA122

Hello all,

I recently took over the phone system at our school system and I am not completely up to date on everything, we are using asterisk to configure and run our system here. I have SPA112 boxes in place at most of our locations but needed to add some more, they were purchased but they were the SPA122 boxes, I wasn’t paying attention when I opened them and tried to configure one and it wouldn’t let it configure to make a phone call. Do we know what would be different in the configs between the two of these? Can I run them under the 112 directory or do I need to create a new one? Will config stay the same or do I need all new config file? The old network admin left on a whim and here we are trying to stay afloat. Thank in advance!

This question has been asked and answered a bunch of times, in many forms.

Go back through the archive of the group with the search tool (top right) and find the configuration instructions for the 122. There are a ton of examples provided. If you are having a specific problem, post that and I’m sure someone will be able to help you with an answer.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.