Sound recordings playback with feature code but error on IVR

I have an issue by where I create a sound recording via extension or browse for the wav file and it plays back by the created feature code.

Now I have created a test IVR with that sound as the announcement, then created a test link via the misc applications so i can dial the IVR but there is just silence then the announcement saying we have not received a valid response.

In the asterisk logs it shows the following three lines
1908 [2021-02-20 09:10:31] WARNING[46624][C-0000002b] file.c: File custom/wav_file does not exist in any format
1909 [2021-02-20 09:10:31] WARNING[46624][C-0000002b] file.c: Unable to open custom/wav_file (format (ulaw)): No such file or directory
1910 [2021-02-20 09:10:31] WARNING[46624][C-0000002b] pbx_builtins.c: ast_streamfile failed on PJSIP/2602-00000029 for custom/wav_file

Could this be something to do with the sound language, I have uninstalled the default USA and installed the UK one or is it permission?

Any help would be gratefull.

Thanks

Alan

Custom recordings are stored under each language’s custom folder, so if it was stored under one language and the call channel is using a different language then it won’t be able to find it.

It won’t be able to find it if you remove the en-US language because everything falls through to ‘en’ in the absence of a higher level language, this is hard coded into asterisk.

Thanks for clarification, I thought it was something to do with that, could you help me out with some command line to solve the issue please. I am very much a novice at asterisks command line but I want to learn!

ou would need to reinstall the english sound files you removed. That would depend on how you installed FreePBX in the first place.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.