Sound recordings playback with feature code but error on IVR

(Alan Baker) #1

I have an issue by where I create a sound recording via extension or browse for the wav file and it plays back by the created feature code.

Now I have created a test IVR with that sound as the announcement, then created a test link via the misc applications so i can dial the IVR but there is just silence then the announcement saying we have not received a valid response.

In the asterisk logs it shows the following three lines
1908 [2021-02-20 09:10:31] WARNING[46624][C-0000002b] file.c: File custom/wav_file does not exist in any format
1909 [2021-02-20 09:10:31] WARNING[46624][C-0000002b] file.c: Unable to open custom/wav_file (format (ulaw)): No such file or directory
1910 [2021-02-20 09:10:31] WARNING[46624][C-0000002b] pbx_builtins.c: ast_streamfile failed on PJSIP/2602-00000029 for custom/wav_file

Could this be something to do with the sound language, I have uninstalled the default USA and installed the UK one or is it permission?

Any help would be gratefull.

Thanks

Alan

(Itzik) #2

Custom recordings are stored under each language’s custom folder, so if it was stored under one language and the call channel is using a different language then it won’t be able to find it.

It won’t be able to find it if you remove the en-US language because everything falls through to ‘en’ in the absence of a higher level language, this is hard coded into asterisk.

(Alan Baker) #4

Thanks for clarification, I thought it was something to do with that, could you help me out with some command line to solve the issue please. I am very much a novice at asterisks command line but I want to learn!

ou would need to reinstall the english sound files you removed. That would depend on how you installed FreePBX in the first place.