Sonicwall/Free PBX Config

Thanks Greg will have a quick read though it now.

interesting you say that, we were using the Sonicwall without any real config on my part for a good 6 months until it suddenly stopped incoming calls, it was only after several phone calls with our provider telling me it was an issue our end that i started to really look at the Sonicwall.

Yeah…providers ALWAYS think the problem is on the Customer side - and in their defense, it usually is - but not always.

Grab a capture real quick and it should tell you - if the system is not busy, you can sometimes watch the CLI with asterisk -vvvr and see the rejections there - but if it is busy at all, it’s too hard to catch - hence the Packet Capture.

hmm error running install

i’ve been using asterisk -vr to check but see nothing for incoming - not even errors or rejections

What are you trying to install? TCPDUMP is already installed - Looks like you have DNS problems also…

Just in case anyone stumbles across this - asterisk -vr is only 1 level of verbosity (detail) - that will not show you TONS of messages that asterisk -vvvr will show you - for most things, 3 levels of verbosity is the minimum level that will show you relevant info in my experience.

yeah sorry missed that, and yes just spotted the dns, just resolving. weirdly it isn’t letting me change form the ui i remember there is a conf file you can edit but can you remind me of the location

/etc/resolv.conf

ok dns corrected.

asterisk -vvvr output

That’s not a call - that is a housekeeping routine that runs automatically - do you not see anything when you call your numbers?

that is correct nothing changes when i call in or out - no errors. just the maintenance task

just run the tcpdump on eth1 and just get ssh traffic from my laptop to server

Packets dropped by kernel…do an iptables -L -v and post…

https://www.voipmechanic.com/sonicwall-voip.htm

After talking to Matthew, it was NEVER anything to do with the SonicWALL whatsoever - the ITSP that he is using provides their own ROUTER - all the VoIP traffic that comes and goes to them goes through their device, never through his SonicWALL - we figured this out by sending traffic with another provider to his box - his current provider, even though they are allowing outbound, are never sending inbound.

Thanks for the update, I was following this to see the outcome