Someone got into my system

Unlock and create an admin user with the permissions. If they aren’t there they weren’t granted.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=37912685#content/view/37912685

1 Like

Ohh when I went to admin/config.php?display=sysadmin I get a message saying module not found. What did I do now?

joseph

Did you log in with the GUI unlocked?

Yes I did after I couldn’t figure out my admin password at first.

joseph

I’m pretty sure if you access the GUI unlocked you will have full admin privileges. Could be wrong though, I haven’t tested it, but I don’t see why not. If I’m right then something else may be broken. Hopefully someone here will advise. You should roll back in any case if your PBX has been compromised. All the best.

No problem Thank you. I couldn’t figure it out. But lucky That I do have a backup of the settings and a image copy of the drive. I reloaded it all and now back in business as they say. I need to build a newer version because I’m using a very old and outdated freepbx.
joseph

1 Like

What version?

I dont know how this is flagged. Again i know nothing about freepbx even in general. I am simply asking for some assistance. As someone who finds something suspicious and already has these unusual circumstances happening. I find it best to simply ask for help. Should i redirect elsewhere.? Apologies for if I have broken any protocols. Im worried that these people are doing damage to my reputation. In ways that i wouldn’t even be aware of. Thank you

Make a new post, providing details and others can make recommendations.

I flagged your post because it had nothing to do with FreePBX or the topic at hand. Talking about hackers speaking to you through power lines, speakers and when the fan is on…auto red flag.

4 Likes

Note To Self: Do not even have the GUI exposed to the internet (we already don’t, but just now realizing the scope of “what if” we did)…

Good luck to you!

my post is about freepbx. They did get through the web interface. My password was a very week one that wasn’t secure. I set it up years ago and My firewall is secure and the root password is secure. however my web interface password was automatically locked onto my laptop so I never had to put it in. that password was only 5 characters longer. It was running a very old freepbx from 5 or 6 years ago.

I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to the other person trying to hijack this thread with a non-FreePBX related thing.

This also could have been the root issue, there have been several vulnerabilities that have come up in that span of time that need to be addressed/patched.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.