? some custom.conf files dropped from asterisk 1.4.22.1

I cannot work out whats goin’ on here!

Installed asterisk 1.4.22.1, then the addons 1.4.7, then freepbx 2.5.1, all from tar.gz files.
In /etc/asterisk/ there are only:
sip.conf …which contains no reference to sip_general_custom.conf
sip_additional.conf
sip_general_additional.conf
sip_notify.conf
sip_registrations.conf

grep confirms no file in /etc/asterisk contain a ref to sip_general_custom.conf
Without these files, freepbx will overwrite custom changes.

Rgds
Michael

Have you gone into FreePBX , updated all modules and then applied changes after the installation?

You may also want to restart Asterisk.

In my /etc/asterisk, sip.conf is a link to /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/sip.conf and it contains a reference to sip_general_*

M

Thanks M.
Maybe the only option is to try a reinstall of asterisk again, after deleting the /etc/asterisk directory. Or maybe I should just copy over an old sip_general_custom.conf file (though there is no capacity to create permanent references to it from any of the freepbx-generated sip_whatever.conf’s - explained below).

I did not know of the /var…/sip.conf file you mentioned. It is there and contains references to other sip…conf files, some of which are present and some (eg sip_general_custom.conf) which are not. However, this /var…/sip.conf file is quite different from the sip.conf that is in /etc/asterisk and it also has the standard freepbx ‘do not modify’ warning:
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to
;this file must be done via the web gui…etc etc

I reloaded freepbx after reloading asterisk and the addons. The four /etc/asterisk/sip_whatever.conf’s were all replaced (based on time/date stamps), all contain the standard ‘do not modify’ freepbx warning and none contain include references to the missing sip_whatever.conf’s

Rgds
Michael

after examining someone else’s detailed sip.conf contents from asterisk 1.4.22, which looks more normal, could it be that what I’ve done wrong is to have generated the sample .confs during installation of asterisk?

Rgds
Michael

When I install Asterisk, I do not install the sample conf files, so you are right, maybe that is the issue?

The following files are all links
extensions.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/extensions.conf
features.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/features.conf
iax.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/iax.conf
sip.conf -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/etc/sip.conf

and I also install some of my own customised conf files.

M

you can see what the sample config files are, in the asterisk installation package. You just look in the configs directory of the asterisk installation package. All but one of the custom files is missing, viz:
mypc:/root> find /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.22.1/configs/ -name custom
/usr/src/asterisk-1.4.22.1/configs/cdr_custom.conf.sample

Obviously, the solution is to either keep your asterisk 1.2 files or create them manually. Without a custom file, you cannot stop freepbx overwriting any manual changes to sip.conf, etc.

if you keep your asterisk 1.2 config, this is what the command ‘find’ shows in the way of custom files in /etc/asterisk/:

mypc:/root> find /etc/asterisk/ -name custom
/etc/asterisk/sip_custom_post.conf
/etc/asterisk/features_general_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/queues_custom_general.conf
/etc/asterisk/sip_registrations_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/globals_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/iax_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/iax_custom_post.conf
/etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/musiconhold_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/iax_general_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/features_applicationmap_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/iax_registrations_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/cdr_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/queues_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf.sample
/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf
/etc/asterisk/queues_post_custom.conf

Fortunately, as mag has pointed out, freepbx has refs to custom files within its .conf files in /var/www/admin/modules/core/etc/ or /var/www/htm/admin/modules/core/etc/

regards
Michael

Almost all of the _custom*.conf files that FreePBX use asterisk knows nothing about (it is done that way intentionally so that they can’t get replaced by accident) so of course they will not be provided in any of the asterisk packages.

The idea behind the _custom.conf files is that they only exist if the end administrator creates them because he/she needs to override some standard setting and setups. You do NOT want a new install (or update) over writing existing custom files and that has always been the policy.

Please remember that one of the first things that a new install build on Asterisk will do is replace the existing asterisk config files with new enhanced files that support the FreePBX file format (extensions.conf and sip.conf are perfect examples of that).

You can find a complete list of the custom files and what each is used for at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files