Some calls didn't popup - Microsip Softphones

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing well. One of my customers using Microsip Softphones . Occasionally, The below happens:

• Received call from FreePBX to Microsip didn’t popup up.
  • I can find the call at CDR logs of FreePBX as not answered.
  • I can find the call at Microsip logs also as not answered.

Do you know what may be the reason for this ?

Best Regards

Not without any pertinent logs

Hi Dicko
Thx for your replay . May i know which logs required ?

Best Regards

You can share a call trace via pastebin
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs-PartII

Hi Lorne
Here is the pastebin for one of the calls that has the described issue

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/1192e6b8

Best Regards

investigate your queue 701, it appears to be ‘re-entrant’ but unsuccessfully so. You will need available agents to handle the call, if none, send appropriately otherwise.

Hi Dicko
What i understand from your reply that there was no available agents to handle this call . Is that what you mean ? If not , Appreciate to further explain.

Thx in advance.

Best Regards

Correct

Hi Dicko
At this time , Agent 1 (extension 201) was available and the call received at Microsip softphone but the issue that the call didn’t pop-up to the agent.

After almost 5 minutes , A call has been received to this agent (extension 201) and popup for the call appears normally neither without restart microsip nor without restart the workstation .

So kindly advice.

Best Regards

Suspect the softcore when it doesn’t ‘popup’. asterisk just sends an INVITE to the endpoint.

Hi Dicko
SO do you think that the issue related to workstation of Softphone ?

Best Regards

In MicroSIP Settings, check Enable Log File. After a pop-up fails, select View Log File and look for a clue why it didn’t pop up. If the failing call didn’t show up at all, check the Asterisk log (with pjsip logger enabled) to see why the INVITE wasn’t sent, or was sent incorrectly.

The original posting said that both Asterisk and the soft phone had logged the existence of the call, which, to me, means this is purely a problem with the phone.

Hi Stewart
I will do this and will let you know.

Best Regards

Hi David
I would like to share with you that after almost 5 minutes from the call that didn’t pop-up , A call has been received to this agent (extension 201) and popup for the call appears normally neither without restart microsip nor without restart the workstation .

So do you think there is a problem in Microsip softphone (replace it with another softphone) or in operating system ?

Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.