[SOLVED] Using Asterisk Phonebook through DISA, Possible?

Hi everyone!

It’s been a HOT minute since I’ve posted in these here forums! Happy-ish to be back!

My question is in regards to using the Asterisk Phonebook alongside DISA. Now, I’ve set up DISA to allow me to call from my PBX and especially to show my CID to clients instead of my cellphone number. However, I want to be able to access feature codes especially the speed dial option that is available through FreePBX’s Asterisk phone book.

When I call the speed dial, DISA sends it as if I’m dialing the speed dial number (let’s say #1) directly through my outbound trunk, which isn’t what I’m hoping for. How would I go about setting up my DISA so that I can:

1. Call outbound, as it is currently correctly doing and
  2. Call local extensions, speed dials and feature codes, as if I were using my desk phone

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

LMAO, I just figured it out.

So, I needed to use the speed dial prefix before dialing the set speed dial. I think the default prefix is *0, so before you dial whatever number you’ve set as a speed dial in the Asterisk phonebook, prefix it with that (or whatever you have there under Speeddial Prefix) and you’ll be able to dial your speed dials and still dial the outside world.

Perfect!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.