[SOLVED] System Admin Email Setup

Hello all!

Some reference of this issue: SysAdmin Pro - Email setup - "Connection timed out" - #24 by GeekBoy

In summary, I have setup the SMTP settings in System Admin. FreePBX is sending them on [email protected], [email protected] etc…(mydomain is a filler for my actual domain)

In postfix (/etc/postfix) I have modified the generics, generated the DB and added it into the main.cf file.

Here is the main.cf bottom portion of the generated file (with my addition for generics)

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
relayhost = smtp.mailgun.org
myhostname = mydomain.com
mydomain = mydomain.com
myorigin = mydomain.com
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

For some reason postfix is not accepting my smtp_generic_maps

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Did you run the postmap command and then restarted postfix?

postmap /etc/postfix/generic
service postfix restart

Hello!

Yes both of those commands were ran (prior to starting this post). The DB did update - however same results.

What is the output of:

cat /etc/postfix/generic

Just an update on that issue I posted. I shortly thereafter put in a ticket for that issue. Sangoma has decided to ignore it. I have even added a comment to the ticket every few months.

Here is the output in file format (OneDrive link)

https://pjltelecomcom-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/preston_toborg_pjltelecom_com/EWc6jZnT4zFCvLYRSotdMl4BrudBicyjj_qvIlITkxTDwA?e=jvcFCb

I just opened a new ticket as well… that doesn’t give me much hope. Thank you though!

Please share via pastebin…

cat /etc/postfix/generic | pastebin

Also, what is your server’s hostname?

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/bd82cc34

Hostname: phonesys.pineapplehosting.net

Here is the maillog: Automatic Pastebin from Sangoma OS 7 - FreePBX Pastebin

At the bottom are the most current entries with mailgun.

255. [email protected] [email protected]

What is the full hostname of your machine? Make sure this entry is [email protected] - just with your FQDN.

But also a connection timed out error is likely not due to an issue with your generic file.

Do you have port 25 allowed in and out through your router (forwarded if necessary) from/to your PBX ?

Check with your internet provider that they are not blocking said port 25

The time outs are indicative of either outlook is blocking you, or you have something blocked on your side.

Also I recall having to set up an alias for the settings else it kept trying to send the email as root, like it is doing in your case.

Checking with the data center to see if port 25 is blocked. I don’t think it is since emails were working at one point - but not sure.

you are ‘timed out’ to mailgun also so look to a general routing/firewall failure rather than a m$ related one.

Finally got around to some testing. Looks like our data center did recently block port 25 - hence it was not reaching mailgun. There was also the issue of generics which @adell4444 was able to resolve for me. (Thank you).

Thank you all for your help! Genuinely appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.