[SOLVED] Freepbx modules are not updated

Our connector supports only FreePBX. We have refused to work with other platforms in order to create an ultimate user-friendly solution.

These 8000 installations are for sure drop in the ocean compared with the FreePBX audience and many of the users have already had FreePBX at the moment of the app’s installation. By “we popularize FreePBX” we mean that a number of users leave other platforms for FreePBX in order to have a stable integration with Bitrix24. FreePBX is currently sharing the market with a range of virtual PBX and in some cases, users prefer FreePBX to other platforms with our help.

It is not up to us to judge how much we popularize the product, but we are loyal to the brand and aim to benefit it.

That is unfair. FreePBX may have “millions of installs” but how many active installs are out there? I chose FreePBX as a wrapper product to Asterisk among other reasons was that it does not (to my knowledge) appear to have a “call home to mama” function, meaning it is perfectly possible to install it get it working then block it off from the Internet. So FreePBX has no accurate method of counting active installs.
I’m so sick of people using “millions” in these kind of pronouncements. I make a living off of under 50 customers I don’t need millions. Gmail has “millions” of free users how many hundreds to thousands of those are photocopy machines and other scanners that use them as a convenient smartmailer and send nothing of any value through them even for email marketing purposes?
I am more impressed by the fact that FreePBX appears to be making a living doing what they are doing than by any “millions” of installs they have. The same goes for Informunity. Kudos to both of you for finding a niche and using it to feed your families I really wish we had a lot more software developers doing this that are built on the OSS model instead of greedy behemoths like Microsoft who never released a scrap of software that didn’t benefit only themselves in some manner. And knock off the “millions” talk you aren’t selling hamburgers.

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t unfair at all. The claim was that this application from Bitrix24 has some how brought popularity to FreePBX. This would be like me developing a module and then boasting that I made FreePBX popular because I got 5000 installs of it. No I made the module because FreePBX is already popular and I’m going after those specific users.

Look, I didn’t trash talk the application. I didn’t trash talk the company or the posted who made the post. The only thing I questioned was the claim their CRM application made FreePBX popular. That is incorrect.

I was never referring to active installs. Again, this was about a claim of making FreePBX popular. Having a million plus downloads means people already knew who you were before this app.

You do understand that the Bitrix24 application isn’t OSS? While their FreePBX module is free to install and use it’s only useful if you have their CRM application. While there is a free tier for it offered it’s not OSS. They sell commercial software and offer a free module for FreePBX so you can use their commercial software.

They aren’t living or dying off 8000 installs of the FreePBX module.

1 Like

Bitrix24 is a commercial product. Informunity is not bitrix24, it is a separate company that has developed its own module for integrating bitrix24 and freepbx. And their module is also not free.
But this is a good product. And if we are not talking about millions of installations, but about the CRM systems market, that part of the market occupied by bitrix24, then we can say that Informunity is popularizing freepbx in this market. Because bitrix24 has its own cloud PBX. For example, the informunity module helped me leave freepbx & asterisk when my company decided to build its business using bitrix24.

I wrote a telemarketer torture app that I released open source about 10 years ago. I have thousands of installs. I guess I made it popular too :wink:

By the way there are ways of doing analytics that validate total and active installs. You can assume there are plenty of air gapped systems and systems for example in South Africa where they update with thumb drives etc. These are obviously not included in any metric. That means there are many more systems that are unknown.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.