[SOLVED] FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-14 upgraded to 5.211.65-15: zaphfc module was removed from DAHDI

The DAHDI module in FreePBX is agnostic meaning it will support most cards. The reason that card does not work in the Distro is it requires a patch to DAHDI and Digium has not taken the patch into DAHDI and we are no longer providing patches to DAHDI unless its for bug reasons.

The bug reason could be : ā€œB100P cards in production systems are no longer workingā€ ā€¦ :wink: :wink:

Iā€™m not familiar with patches, dependencies, etc.etc. : I suppose is not possible to have dahdi 2.9.0.1 kept locked and working in latest distros isnā€™t it ?

No DAHDI is compiled against the kernel so as the kernel updates DAHDI has to.

I understand your point of you have a card and need it to work but OpenVox should be working on getting their cards added officially into DAHDI and not requiring people to patch DAHDI who want to use that card. Most of their cards work fine with stock DAHDI but a few need patches.

I have set up a brand new installation of FreePBX 13 for a client. I have used an Openvox B200E card to interface with the BRI lines. The card shows up under Dahdi config and I get green lights when I connect to the ISDN.

I spent a lot of time changing signalling, swichtype etc. but couldnā€™t get this to work.

How can I tell if I am affected by the above issue?
Would my card be showing up if I was?
What version of FreePBX should I use to guarantee compatibility?

My Dahdi version is 2.10.0.1

Thanks advance for your help

Can I patch myself DAHDI supplied with FreePBX distro with the patch supplied by OpenVox (they say it is available in thair website for solving issues like thisā€¦) ?
Alternatively, can I replace the whole DAHDI with the complete one supplied by OpenVox as well ??
Any problem in doing this ??
Thank you

Hi digiteltlc,

IMHO to patch DAHDI provided by FreePBX Distro is not the only one thing you should care of: whatā€™s about - at Kernel level - the Kernel and Kernel Modules (kmod) that each FreePBX Distro provides and updates? I meanā€¦if they now lack of zaphfc.ko you must then re-integrate it by yourself (by rebuilding the Kernel with that Kernel Module) but thenā€¦even if successful (donā€™t you need a building environment for that?)ā€¦whatā€™s about the user level packages or just the fact that - probably - the FreePBX DAHDI Config Module will be basically useless?

Havenā€™t a direct experience with OpenVox B200E but, AFAIK, it should use the wcb4xxp DAHDI Hardware Module (so not the unlucky zaphfc) so you should be OK.

Reading the OpenVox B200E Documentation (Read it here) I then donā€™t know if - actually - the wcb4xxp must be the non-stock patched one by OpenVox the OR itā€™s enough the stock un-patched one (at least un-patched by OpenVox) provided directly by Digium and used in the FreePBX Distro -> Probably latest Asterisk versions donā€™t require OpenVox Patches to wcb4xxp and you should be OK with the stock Digium DAHDI and its Hardware Modulesā€¦but this is just my personal opinionā€¦Experts know the underlying software technical requirements better than me and could say the last words on that for your PSTN Card.

If your PSTN Card appears on the FreePBX DAHDI Config Module there are good chances that it works in your specific FreePBX Distro installation: you just need to find the right configuration parameters.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. It does look like my card is using wcb4xxp.

Would my card still be manageable through freepbx if I do need to use the Openvox patches?

If I were you I would open a new Thread about your issues with your OpenVox B200E DAHDIā€™s settings since those arenā€™t directly related to what weā€™re discussing here (at least for what I understood).

If I were you I will try to not mess with OpenVox DAHDI Patches over the ā€œstockā€ DAHDI provided with the FreePBX Distro youā€™re using now, IMHO itā€™s just a problem of find correct DAHDI Module settings to make it works with your ISDN Lines (you would provide details about these lines).

Ok, finally Iā€™ve got my hfc cards working again with a rebuilt zaphfc.koā€¦
Actually it isnā€™t a production system so Iā€™ll see what happen with a next distro/kernel upgradeā€¦
Itā€™s not so important, so Iā€™ll go time to time for module rebuilding if time permitsā€¦