[SOLVED] Freepbx 14 - voice mail to email not working

I used the ISO image so it would be the distro too.

Sorry. I don’t use such method. They are all clean Debian 8 snapshots.

@dicko you would not be a new account.

@netphoneusa just ask for it to be unblocked. They’re just doing this to stop spammers from getting a vultr machine and using them as a relay. If you get it done within 14 days, you won’t even lose any email, as it’ll all be queued up on your machine.

1 Like

I think I will try Linode - they don’t block 25 to begin with. I will just have to install FREEPBX the old fashioned way

So what you’re saying is that you would rather give money to people that don’t try to stop spammers. Do you honestly think that’s a good idea?

2 Likes

While initially inconvenient, this seems like a good way for hosting providers to avoid having their entire IP range just being permanently blacklisted by email services.

xrobau - I don’t like the hoops that Vultr makes me go through just to open a port 25. Common sense says if I am using a Freepbx distro, I need that open.

So, answer their questions. They seemed pretty painless. ‘I am using it to send voicemail emails to emailserver.com’ should answer all of it.

The other option is to use TLS, and not use port 25. You can configure that in System Admin (or, you can edit the postfix file manually if you don’t want to use Sysadmin)

This is not an uncommon thing. For example, Google will not accept any email over ipv6 at all unless it has a valid reverse DNS.

Don’t I have to have the commercial paid system admin to change to TLS in the gui?

I believe that’s correct. If you don’t have it (as I said above) you can just edit the postfix configuration manually.

You should use Certman to generate your SSL certificate first, and that will keep it up to date automatically. So you can just make postfix use that cert.

I have Freepbx 14 - at the very top of the install wiki it says “Commercial modules can not be installed on Freepx 14”. Does that mean I cannot install System admin pro?

The install wiki when you’re NOT installing from ISO.

SOLVED - I was able to get Vultr to open up port 25. I was going to go elsewhere like Linode but it is so much easier to upload the ISO image (distro) using vultr. Once they opened the port and I rebooted the server, emails started pouring in.