[Solved] Extensions not ringing

HI, I originally has a working (for sometime) Asterisk box with Asterisk 1.4.27.1/FreePBX 2.7.0. The box died and I reinstalled Asterisk on a new machine, this time with Asterisk 1.4.33.1/FreePBX 2.8.0, the settings/extensions were taken from a backup on the old machine.

All of the extensions register correctly, the RingGroups are all present, the trunks register correctly, however at somepoint in the upgrade process, the SIP extensions no longer ring. Its set up so that either of the 2x incoming trunks (1xPSTN via an ATA and 1x VoIP) go to a RingAll group, this then in turns goes to an IVR and then voicemail.

However when an incoming call routes to an extension, I see the following for all of the extensions (XXX is the extension number):

[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: dialparties.agi: Methodology of ring is ‘ringall’
[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: – dialparties.agi: Added extension XXX to extension map
[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: – dialparties.agi: Extension XXX do not disturb is disabled
[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: dialparties.agi: ExtensionState: 4
[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: dialparties.agi: Extension XXX has ExtensionState: 4
[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: – dialparties.agi: Checking CW and CFB status for extension 100
[Jul 15 10:50:01] VERBOSE[13317] logger.c: – dialparties.agi: dbset CALLTRACE/XXX to xxxxxxxxxx (where xxxxxxxxxx is the incoming number)

No extensions ring, direct to voicemail (final destination). I tried routing the incoming call directly to an extension (to rule out the RingAll/IVR from the being the culprit) but get the same result.

If I run a full report, I see the following (again for all extensions where XXX is the number):

XXX@ext-local : &Custom:DNDXXX State:Unavailable Watchers 0
*21XXX@ext-findmefollow : Custom:FOLLOWMEXX State:Unavailable Watchers 0
*76XXX@ext-dnd-hints : Custom:DEVDNDXXX State:Unavailable Watchers 0
*740XXX@ext-cf-hints : Custom:DEVCFXXX State:Unavailable Watchers 0

I checked the sip call-limit for the extensions, and they’re correctly set (50), I checked notifyringing = yes, and limitonpeers = yes

At this point I’m not sure what else to look at, are there any known issues with the FreePBX 2.8 process that would give this result?

My next step is to revert everything back to FreePBX 2.7.0/Asterisk 1.4.27.1.

I found the problem and fixed it. The files in /etc/asterisk weren’t quite the same between version 1.4.27 and 1.4.33. What I did was:

amportal stop
rm /etc/asterisk/*

Downloaded/compiled Asterisk 1.6.2 (make install followed by make samples).
Looked in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and removed any file that had an old timestamp (i.e. 1.4.x module versus 1.6.x)
Updated any specific module that targeted 1.4.x (Digium FAX/g723./729 codecs)
cd /etc/asterisk
Renamed files that were required for symbolic links to xxx.conf to xxx.conf.bak
Recreated symbolic links from /etc/asterisk to versions in /var/www/html/…/
amportal start

Check the logs to make sure all modules started etc. Now the state for the extensions in shown as “Available” instead of “Busy”.