I have installed FreePBX on our Mandriva server and had following problem:
Asterisk didn’t read FreePBX config files and in FreePBX i wasn’t able to see my test configuration created on plain Asterisk files in /etc/asterisk
It was because for some reason my extensions.conf, sip.conf, iax.conf, features.conf were left untouched by install_amp script (maybe that’s by default).
I removed those files and they were recreated as symlinks to myFreePBX_html_dir/admin/modules/core/etc/ after pressing “Apply configuration changes” in FreePBX admin panel. After that things seem to be working
Thought this might help someone.