Softphone

I am using Zoiper as softphone…
Is this a good one?
I am asking this coz I have voice only in one-way…
I have reviewed the tip post for voice issues…no luck

I have dynamic IP…using DynDNS
I have added my subdomain name to hosts file…
I have opened ports 5060, 10000-20000
I have defined sip_nat.conf

nat=yes
externip=xx.xx.xx.xx
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

under sip_general_additional.conf
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

Don’t know what else to do…any other idea besides to use different softphone sw?
Thanks in advance,
EFREN

If you’re using DynDNS, you’ll need to change externip to externhost and put in your dyndns domain ie: peludo.dyndns.org

The correct entry in your sip_nat.conf should look like this:

nat=yes
externhost=peludo.dyndns.org
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

Zoiper allows you to use SIP -or- IAX. So try making an IAX extension and using Zoiper as an IAX client… that should get around most firewall issues.

I have changed the sip_nat.conf as recommended…
and also tried with the IAX extensions…
still voice only from one way…

Any other toughts?

Thanks,
EFREN

Zoiper is not too bad a choice. What is the phone on the other end? Also, this sounds like you are using Zioper from a remote location? If it is, you make no mention about that network?

If it is local, then it is not registering. If you can call in, but not out to the extension… that may be the case. Does it show as registered?

Hello,

Yes…both ends shows as registered and I checked them on the admin panel.

I have created two connection in both sides for the zoiper…one using the internal LAN ip - 198.168.10.X and a second one using the external (dynamic ) IP …Internally works…but when the external is used…only the external person can hear and I am not able to hear the other side.

Thanks,
EFREN

Hello,

I have installed X-lite in all my PC’s and configure for the softphone stun server stun.xen.com…now I am able to talk in both ways…now the problem is that after 10 Sc the call hangs…I tried *98, *97 for the voicemail…and same…after 10 sc the call hangs…any idea?

Thanks,
EFREN