Softphone wont register on freepbx

Hi Guys

I have been reading the forums and have found numerous similiar issues but have tried them all and alas have had no joy in getting this too work. I have decided to outline my problem exactly so that if anyone has had the same issue I would really appreciate your input.

Ok so I installed asterisknow which has freepbx 2.5.1.0 Asterisk (Ver. 1.4.24).
It has been assigned the internal IP address of 10.0.0.84 by the dhcp server. The dns is working as I can ping google.com from the putty interface. I can also ping the asterisk server from the pc I have set the softphone on which has an ip address of 10.0.0.189 with the same subnet mask 255.0.0.0 . I have disabled the firewall on the pc I am using the softphone on so it wont interfere with what I am trying to do.

I have created an extension with the following information:
EDIT Extension -THIS IS THE HEADING
Display Name: RICKIE
CID Num Alias
SIP Alias: 2000

EXTENSION OPTIONS -
Outbound CID - 2000
The rest left default

Assigned DID/CID - Left Default

DEVICE OPTIONS
This device uses sip technology.

secret: 2000cr
dtmfmode: rfc2833
canreinvite no
context from-internal
host dynamic
type friend
nat yes
port 5060
qualify yes
callgroup
pickupgroup
disallow
allow
dial SIP/2000
accountcode
mailbox 2000@device

so that is my extension on freepbx setup. I have changed these settings alot and have checked it out changing nat to No etc etc. i dont believe that it is an extension problem anyway as I am not getting an authentication problem even when I purposely put in the incorrect credentials but I will get to that now when I get on about my softphone.

Ok I mentioned previously that I had a softphone which is the standard x-lite free phone for testing. I have set the phone up as follows again following the majority of recommendations.

Display Name : Rickie (and also used the extension 2000)
Username: 2000
password: 2000cr
authorization name: 2000
Domain: 10.0.0.84

enable: register with domain tick box
check domain on send outbound via.

Initially I thought this would work but when I try and register the phone I always get: “Registration error: 408 - request timeout” It doesnt matter what credentials I put in always the same error.

I couldnt figure out what was wrong but was advised to change the sip_nat.conf and I added the following:
localnet= 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0

I am not using it externally from outside the network so havent added the:
externhost
nat=yes
externrefresh=10

Not sure if this makes sense?

I have run asterisk -vrr when I try and connect and I cant see any attempts to connect so I am stumped I just dont know why.

Any help would be greatly beneficial as i am pulling my hair out and as I am quite new to this i realise I have probably left crucial information out so if you can drop me a line I will supply this info.

Cheers

Rickie

ps not sure why I am time traveling into the 1970’s!

Installed trixbox instead works like a treat. Also I set a global IP address in the router and logged back into trixbox and it had picked it up and set up a sip and Iax account. Bravo trixbox I am a convert.

I’m having the same issues with a VPS. I had no issues with an AsteriskNow install. I’ve seen loads of people asking for help with remote extensions and no-one seems to offer advice??