SIPStation with warm spare

I have two Freepbx 12 setup. Primary PBX is setup with SIPStation and I have setup warm spare PBX in different state. My warm spare backs up and restores daily, disables trunks and excludes NAT settings since it’s running on a different IP address. I know I can go online to SIPStation site and put in the IP address for failover PBX (warm spare), but can anyone tell what other changes I would have to make on my warm spare PBX so my trunks/sipstation would work properly when primary PBX is down. We want my warm spare to take over the trunks automatically if our broadband or our primary PBX goes down. We have remote office users using Yealink phones and on SIP Server 1 we have entered Primary PBX IP adddress and on SIP Server 2 we entered Warm Spare PBX IP address. Any input or help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

SM

You would not be able to do that with a warmspare as you are having the trunks disabled on the warmspare so they do not conflict with the production PBX.

What you are looking for is a hot spare/HA setup. Warmspare will always take manual human work to bring up when you need to failover.

Thank you for the reply Tonyclewis. I thought HA only works within the same network as it needs high speed network to replicate between two PBXs. We don’t need up to the second backup we just need to be able to route sipstation lines through another PBX outside of our network just in case our broadband service is down or if there is a disaster and we cannot make it to our office. I saw an option on Sipstation for failover IP address and from the help text it says that the Paid support can help configure that. I thought someone might have done this already and wanted to put this out there to see if anyone has SOP on how to get this done. Maybe I miss understood when I read on wiki as well as on Sipstation configuration page “We can get you setup with this service for free on SIPStation but if you need help architecting and implementing a solution on your PBX end we have a FreePBX Paid Support Service that can help design a solution for you.” but from your reply it doesn’t seem like there is a way to get this done automatically and it has to be done manually. Please do let me know if there is another way to get this done and I don’t mind paying paid support, but I am not 100% if this can be done. Once again, thanks for all your help and keep up the good work.

The “other PBX” might better be a real SIP PROXY service , Kamailio should work well in your scenario. Your VSP sends calls to and from your proxy, your various PBI also then use that proxy as a trunk. Let Kamailio work out who and what is working when. Add BGP on a couple of geo disparate proxies and it gets even more seamless. You can leave all your PBI running at the same time.