Sip user Status for ad hoc

Hello all,
I am having an issue that seems to be fairly comon. I have a Sip device that a user logs into, when a second call comes in the extension rings. I have disabled call waiting, set busy-limit=1 call-limit=2 etc. However no matter what I do I can not prevent the second call from comming in unless I set the call-limit=1 which then prevents the user from making and outgoing call. I am trying to push this system for my work instead of going with a nortell product however I must resolve this before it could be a serious option…

I have found the code that does the dialing, and I know that the sip show inuse shows 1/0 when on a call and 0/0 when not and 2/0 when the second call comes in therefore I would assume that we can check to confirm if a person is already on a call if someone can explain the code to check that status I can mostlikly take care of the rest.

Any help would be great, thanks so much

the hints are not set correctly on adhoc devices. I am working on getting that fixed as it requires a handful of changes and an agi script that I need to write. If you would like to accelerate the progress, bribes always help to arrange priorities. (Let me know here, I can contact you at your registered email on the form if interested.)

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Well bribes are possible, please let me know as to the amount of a bribe that would be nessacary. I will mostlikley be paying for it out of my own pocket inorder to prevent our company from going with a nortel system… I hate large company like nortel and microsoft etc… :slight_smile: please feel free to email me or repost as to the amount of a bribe and a time line…

Thanks so much

I have a similar problem with the X-Lite softphone. Would you classify such a softphone as an ad hoc device? How can I tell if the hints are not correct?