SIP trunk not working when dialing prefix

Hey guys, Im currently working to interface an intercom system with SIP capabilities with a Sangoma FreePBX system. I will preface this by saying I am not a phone guy, but the intercom guy however my company decided selling a phone integration was a good idea. Anyway, I have made a trunk that is pointed to my appliance which directs the call. However, when dialing the prepend, it does not seem to use the trunk or attempt to. Call logs show no attempt to make any call.

For instance, Im trying to use #99 to seize the trunk, which then you would dial 3 digits to designate a room number. I currently have my dial plan as PREPEND #99, PREFIX EMPTY, MATCH PATTERN XXX.

When I dial #99 on the phone nothing happens, and if I try to send #99XXX (x being a room number) it just cancels the attempted call. In general I have the SIP server as my appliance that is wanting to receive the sip invite. Can anyone offer me any guidance?

prefix: #99
match pattern: XXX
prepend: (leave blank)

If you still have trouble, at the Asterisk command prompt type
pjsip set logger on
or
sip set debug on
according to trunk type
make a failing call, paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here. If you are too new to post links, just post the last eight hex characters of the URL.

1 Like

You’re a good man, @Stewart1!

Stewart, I got the call to place and I can see Im receiving attempts. It only work after I added *98 to prepend.

So now its PREFIX *98 PREPEND *98 MATCH PATTERN XXX

However, my appliance is rejecting it because it isnt removing *98. Its sending *98555 to the appliance. Any insight?

Thank you.

Set the prepend blank, make a failing test call and paste the log as described in a previous post.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.