SIP Trunk --> fromuser & register string

Hello,
following questions poped up.
1)I do have trunks where only fromuser=0049XXXX differs. How can I inherit one trunk and override only that property without creating for every CID a separate trunk?

2)Is it possible to save the lines in the PEER Details@Outgoing settings in the order as they were entered?

3)Registration, register string:
Is the register string only used for incoming calls?
Can I leave the register string empty for SIP providers used only for outgoing calls?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver

Registrations purpose is to inform the remote endpoint of your location (IP wise). Some carriers use this as part of their AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting) by creating a peer that allows traffic from the IP communicated in the registration method.

As each carrier differs on implementation of SIP register I suggest you consult with the carrier.

The Schmooze SIP Station product follows the user friendly format of sending DID as CLID information in the original invite. Fromuser is on a trunk basis not a DID. Providers that do fromuser by DID are usually trying to use extensions as trunks in their soft switch.

ok,
but how can I inherit a complete trunk definition where only the fromuser differs (without copying it)?
Is there the possibility to make something like
Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@,);?

Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@trunkName,fromUser);?

I am not sure what you are asking…

I do have a trunk for a SIP account called trunk_rynga.

host=sip.rynga.com
fromuser=004917649XXXXX
fromdomain=sip.rynga.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
defaultuser=rynga_XXX

If I want to use this trunk for a second user with a different caller id I have to copy this trunk and change only fromuser=0049BLA49XXXXX to be the other caller id.

The best option would be to say trunk_rynga2 inherits trunk_rynga and overwrites fromuser;)

Does the carrier require the from user? You can set the caller ID in the channel?

Not sure if this helps, but you can list multiple DIDs in the “fromuser=” parameter by placing a “&” between each number.

Example:
fromuser=2071234567&2071234568