SIP Trunk Doesn't Seem to Attempt Registration

So I’ve been able to see SIP traffic with a soft phone attempting to register to the PBXAct system but I’ve created two trunks with duplicate settings from another PBX system I have but the trunk won’t register and I see zero activity with sip debug in the CLI.

I would expect to see the SIP trunk attempting to register and failing or something but I see no activity in the debug output for SIP from CLI.

Running a PBXAct 40 with Version 12.7.4-1804-2.sng7

PBXAct 14.0.3.1

Any ideas of what I’m missing that’s preventing me from seeing the trunk in the debug as I should see registration attempts or rejections etc…

If I put in a fake register string I then see attempted registration attempts however the provider does not use a register string and is authenticated via IP. I know this setup works on another FreePBX System thats not a PBXAct system without the register string. So I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing on why the trunk won’t show any debug info as a SIP channel

Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status Description

VP-TRUNK-IN 64.136.173.31 Yes Yes 5060 Unmonitored
VP-TRUNK-OUT 64.136.174.30 Yes Yes 5060 Unmonitored

uc-1*CLI> sip show registry
Host dnsmgr Username Refresh State Reg.Time
0 SIP registrations.

I know the settings are correct for the trunk configuration as they’ve been used for other systems with no issue

are they maybe pjsip ?

uc-1*CLI> pjsip set logger on

I thought maybe so but I verified that the trunks I created are SIP. The system does have sangoma deskphones successfully registered on PJSIP and when I use a soft phone to connect on SIP I see the logs so I know debugging is on and the SIP driver is working

Plus the sip show command does show the trunks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.