SIP Trunk Dialed Number Manipulation Rules & Dial Patterns & Outbound Routes Dial Plans

Hello,

I am currently using the latest version of FreePBX and everything is running great. The only issue that I have is that I am only able to dial phone numbers with a 1 in front of the number in the US. When ever I dial a 10 or 7 digit number I get a response that “all circuits are busy now”. I am assuming that this issue is realated to the Dial Number Manipulation Rules in the > Trunks > SIP Trunk settings and in > Outbound Routes > Dial Plans.

I submitted my question to my SIP trunk provider Flowroute and they said that i should do the following.

In your outbound route you can put a dial pattern such as:

1NXXZXXXXXX
NXXZXXXXXX

And in your Flowroute trunk you can specify a dial rule such as:

1+NXXZXXXXXX
1NXXZXXXXXX

This will accept calls on your Flowroute trunk from NPANXXXXXX (10-digit dialing) and automatically append the 1 making it the 11-digit dialing.

After making the changes to this exactly I don’t get the “all circuits are busy now” anymore when I dial a 10 or 7 digit number but instead. “Your call cannot be completed as dialed.”

Yet I am still able to dial out fine dialing with a 1 plus the 10 digit number.

Below is a sample dialplan that would allow for 7, 10, and 11-digit dialing as well as International calls should you dial 011:

https://support.flowroute.com/attachments/token/6gnzan0ca1bzrnk/?name=dialrules_sample.png

For older versions, the text based equivalent is as follows:

011|.
1NXXZXXXXXX
1+NXXZXXXXXX

Similarly, you may also add a 7-digit rule to prepend a local dialing area code (replace 555 with the desired area code)

1555+ZXXXXXX