SIP trunk can t find the right parameter

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping my question will be clear enough:

I’m trying to setup a sip trunk with a provider that does not provide support for freePBx (and gave minimal feedback about the issue, I m facing).
To register, they provide a username and a pilot number. On the sip register packet trace, they told me that what they call username should appear in the Digest username but I can t find which field to populate in freePBX to achieve this.
here is bellow an extract of the packet trace (I just put “whatfield” to highlight the information I’m looking for.

Blockquote

CSeq: 103 REGISTER

Supported: replaces, timer

User-Agent: FPBX-14.0.3.2(13.18.4)

Authorization: Digest username=“WhatField”, …, algorithm=MD5, …, nonce=“BroadWorksXjhlk8ft0Tbr8531BW”, response=“5d506e65af629f48043e4dee5095c532”, qop=auth, cnonce=“08deeb73”, nc=00000001

Expires: 120

Blockquote

Thank for your help

Stef

Assuming chan_sip, try for your register string:

register => pilotnumber:password:username@providerdomain

and in the trunk parameters, try:

fromuser=pilotnumber
auth=username

If this doesn’t help, please post a complete example of a valid REGISTER request (showing URI, From and Authorization fields). (Replace actual pilot number with ‘pilotnumber’ and actual username with ‘username’.)

Or, post provider’s instructions for another device.

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for your reply.
With your help, it’s working now

I put the register string as pilotnumber:password:usernameprovided@trunk/pilotphonenumber
In Outgoing Tab, PEER Details, I put username=usernameprovided

Where usernameprovided is the username provided by the SIP provider.

thanks again for your help

Stef

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.