SIP to PJSIP Trunk Questions

Firstly, I’m sorry if this has been asked before, I’ve been trying to do my own research as we’re trying to get ready to do the update off of CentOS and just wanted to get some advice from someone a little more knowledge on this than myself.

So my carrier is a bit behind the times as we’re still using their CHAN_SIP configuration, our phones use PJSIP however as we get ready to upgrade to 17 this is obv something we need to update. Since they don’t have a pjsip config I figured it was fairly similar, however there’s a whole lot more options than I’m used to seeing on pjsip trunks.

I understand that CHAN_SIP and PJSIP both function the same on principle, I’m just trying to figure out what I need to retain from my SIP settings to make this transition as smooth as possible.

Here’s my current trunk config, Usernames and Passwords are blanked out with use ‘USER’ and ‘SECRET’ in their place respectively

Outgoing:

PEER Details:
type=friend
dtmfmode=auto
username=USR
secret=SECRET
fromuser=USER
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
context=from-trunk ;
canreinvite=no
host=outbound.vitelity.net

Incoming:

PEER Details:
type=friend
dtmfmode=auto
username=USER
secret=SECRET
context=from-trunk ;
insecure=port,invite
canreinvite=no
host=inbound33.vitelity.net

Register String: USER:[email protected]:5060

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help point me in the right way, cheers

I found vitelity pjsip config via search here and have been using it for years. I’ll try to post some redacted screenshots tomorrow.

I was in this same boat a few years ago when I used vitelity. This should help:

You will need to login to see the screenshots well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.