SIP phone not rigging from external call

Hi everyone,
first of all let me say i am a total beginner and do not plan to become a pro at all.
I’m used to install new phone on our PBX server which is an Elastix with FreePBX.
Usually all i do is create a new extension for a new phone on the network and create credential so that the phone connects to the PBX.
The last phone i installed was a Yealink SIP-T26P (we have two oh them and the other one works well) we can reach it from internal call, we can transfert calls to it, but, it can’t be reached by external call.
For the record we have 7 SIP phones, 2 are Yealink SIP-T26P, and the 5 others are Thomson TB-30.
If someone has any clue i’d be very glad to have it.
All advices are welcome.
Thanks !
Ben

Really no one has a clue of what happens? I’ve been digging the forum for two days, without finding anything. (In fact i’m not even sure what to look for)

First, you haven’t provided enough information for us to know if this is even a FreePBX problem. Second, you haven’t really given us anything to work with in terms of logs or call traces. Because of those things, very few people are will to start down a path of 1000 questions. Invest in the question - you will be paid back with help.

Having said that, there are only two things that I can think of. The first is that your phone isn’t actually registered or the ring-type for external calls is not getting set to something useful. The second is that your inbound route and redirection to the extension are wrong. Without more information, on how the phone is set up, your inbound route, your destination choices and other things, the problem really could be almost anywhere.

You’re absolutely right Dave, but i really needed something to start from as i said i’m total beginner, in fact i’m not sure what i’m looking for and even where to start.
I didn’t said the issue was a FreePBX issue, my only track was that our phone server runs on Asterisk (Elastix) and when reading the help file it was explained that the PBX part of the server was from FreePBX, and so here i am.
So you said there’s a way to get logs, i’ll look for that and put it in my next post.

"Having said that, there are only two things that I can think of. The first is that your phone isn’t actually registered or the ring-type for external calls is not getting set to something useful."
When i look into the phone configuration, it says that it is registered. About the ring-type i’ll make a research.

"The second is that your inbound route and redirection to the extension are wrong."
To me that sounds like something totally possible. As i said i’ve created all the extension the same way, but i might have forgot something (I have triple check all the configurations from the others (working) phones without noticing anything different.).
And the thing that’s driving me crazy is that i never had that issue for the 6 previous phones… May i be limited in number of extensions? ( Deleting the extension and reseting the phone could be a first thing to try?)

"Without more information, on how the phone is set up, your inbound route, your destination choices and other things, the problem really could be almost anywhere."
I’ll look forward to provide you these informations asap.

Think i’ve now some tracks to follow.

Thanks

If your phone works internally but not externally, I would suggest you check your incoming route and/or your ring groups.