Sip.conf changes - preserving

Hi,

I’m still trying to determine whether I’m just being stupid (not unusual) or whether it’s just the way it is…

I need to make custom changes to sip.conf that don’t seem to be picked up from sip_custom.conf, e.g. externip, localnet and bindport.

Often, after updating core these changes are lost and I have to remember to manually edit sip.conf to restore the changes.

Is there a better way?

C.

externip and localhost are usually done in sip_nat.conf and this is used all the time. For if putting bindport does not work in sip_custom.conf and it also doesn’t work in sip_nat.conf, then move the include for sip_nat.conf to the first thing after [general] and test to see if that works. If it does, file a bug that suggests it either needs to be moved there or another include file needs to be put there. I haven’t looked at sip.conf recently, I had thought that the last assignment was the one that ‘sticks’ but of course I could be wrong on that.

yeah - I lost externip and localnet lines when I caught a core update early this morning… I added them to sip_nat.conf - seemed a reasonable place for them…

when Phil fixed the other problem I was having in a subsequent core update, the settings survived.

[quote=“NetworkPIMP”]yeah - I lost externip and localnet lines when I caught a core update early this morning… I added them to sip_nat.conf - seemed a reasonable place for them…

when Phil fixed the other problem I was having in a subsequent core update, the settings survived.[/quote]

Thanks both. Using sip_nat (or custom) works just fine - some idiot had left a [general] section in sip_nat so asterisk just ignored it!

C.