Sip call quality very poor

Good day all. My company had 2 T1 lines that we migrated to sip trunk. The call quality is very poor. what can i do to improve the call quality. I am not sure how to configure / check codec being used on the system. How can i view call stats on the sip trunk as opposed to the lan.

Connection: DIA 5Mb

Specs on the system:
FreePBX 13.17
CPU MHz: 3192.495
MEM: 8GB

Comapny
78 Users
on average there are 25 - 27 concurrent calls at any given time.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Probably an issue with the internet connection, but you will have to provide more details about your setup.

Good day all. My company had 2 T1 lines that we migrated to sip trunk. The call quality is very poor. what can i do to improve the call quality. I am not sure how to configure / check codec being used on the system. How can i view call stats on the sip trunk as opposed to the lan.

Connection: DIA 5Mb

Specs on the system:
FreePBX 13.17
CPU MHz: 3192.495
MEM: 8GB

Comapny
78 Users
on average there are 25 - 27 concurrent calls at any given time.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

You need to provide details on the connection to your VoIP provider. Is it dedicated to VoIP or are you sharing it with general internet traffic? Is it a special connection fron your provider, or just a regular internet connection? Etcetera.

How can you have 2 x T1 and get 5Mbps? That’s highly impossible considering a T1 circuit is 1.5Mbps so two of them would mean 3Mbps. Even if this was E1’s (EU) that is 2Mbps per circuit so you would still end up at 4Mbps. So I’m not sure how you’re getting 5Mbps out of this unless there are at least 3 circuits.

Outside of that, if you are doing 27 concurrent calls, you’re looking at about 2.3Mbps of bandwidth being consumed if everything is at g711 which is roughly 88Kbps per call. So at least one of your circuits is being eaten up completely by voice calls and then a good chunk of the second circuit is eaten up by the calls.

How much actual data are you doing because it is sounding like with the amount of calls and data you are pushing your Internet connection is being saturated and thus will start to make your call quality drop like a rock.

Ok. We currently have a tmark and it has 4 ports. one for sip service and the other for internet service. One port is connect to our firewall and the other is connected to our PBX.
Connection: DIA 5MB

“How can you have 2 x T1 and get 5Mbps?” no i have a DIA that is 5Mbs. I had 2 T1 that are not being used anymore. However you have shed some light on my situation with your second paragraph. I will have to call my Telco and find out if my bandwidth on the sip.

Thanks BlazeStudios.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.