sip_additional.conf not fully written (corrupt)

Hi,

When I ask the freepbx admin interface to synchronize the configuration to disk, the sip_additional.conf file is not entirely
written.

I have three users in my webinterface (karel, joost, katie - also visible in the database table), but whenever the configuration file has been
written, only an extension header for the last user (‘last’ record in the database) is being added partially:

This is the entire sip_additional.conf

__________________cut here ____________________________________
; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui

[katie]
cut here__________________

I sense the bug is in amp_conf/bin/libfreepbx.confgen.php

Is this a known issue? If not, what can I do to provide a solution? debug&patch the script?

Kind regards,

Pieter

I entered a non-numerical entry at ‘User Extension’

The mysql database query does not quote the ID, and results in an invalid sql query:

354 Query       SELECT keyword,data from sip where id=katie and keyword <> 'account' and flags <> 1 order by keyword DESC

Changing didn’t help - I removed all users and re-added them with numerical extensions (duh).

Kind regards,

Pieter

Non-numerical users/extensions are not supported and normally the javascript blocks you from putting them in. There was a bug for a while that broke the javascript. There have been some fixes put in that should address that and do some serverside validation as well. However, confgen script was recently changed to add quotes in case future or custom situations require non-numerical data. It is still not supported as there may be all sorts of unknown issues since it was originally designed with numbers only in mind.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

I have almost the same problem, I tried to register an extension with non-numerical characters, in this case I tried “#31” my sip_additional.conf appears empty with only:

__________________cut here ____________________________________
; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui

[#31]
cut here__________________

I’ve tried to delete the #31 extension and create only numerical extensions, but I can’t even access to manage it, I can manage any other extension, I think the problem is with the # character, how do I delete it??

Regards,

Manny

Hi I have exactly the same problem and the user that i created has name “<>” and i can’t select it, so when I’m trying to click on it, it becomes orange with the line “Add Extension” at the same time. So i can’t delete that extension… If someone knows how to solve this problem let me know please…

Thanks

Mark