Setting up SIPURA SPA3K

I need to configure my SPA 3000 as a Trunk in FreePBX for outbound call , I have read the set up instruction in FreePBX site but that is if both in same LAN .

In my case I have FreePBX with a static IP and SIPURA with dynamic IP and in different location. I have tested almost all the instructions given in various sites for continuous three days but I could not make it.

Any detailed guide will be greatly appreciate.

Okay, first of all, I’m assuming that you’ve seen the page at http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-linksys-sipura-spa-3000-freepbx and tried following the instructions there. The fact that the FreePBX system is on a static IP would not cause any problem, however the fact that the SPA-3000 is on a dynamic IP is definitely an issue, but not a major one during the initial setup and testing phase. Please understand that I have set up an SPA-3000 on a local network but never at a remote location, but I don’t see why it would be difficult to do.

Probably the first thing you have to consider is whether there is a firewall blocking ports, particularly at the SPA-3000 end of the connection. The SPA-3000 must be able to communicate with FreePBX. As a test you could try disconnecting the router/firewall (if you have access to it) and plugging in the SPA-3000 directly to the Internet connection (directly into the cable or DSL modem, for example) and see if it becomes responsive.

While testing, set it up as if it were on the local subnet but in FreePBX configuration, temporarily use whatever dynamic IP is assigned to the SPA-3000 at the moment. If that works, but it stops working when you reconnect the router/firewall and plug the SPA-3000 into that, then you most likely have a firewall issue and you need to figure out how to route the correct ports to the SPA-3000 (for example, if you specify port 5061 in the FreePBX configuration, then you MAY need to make sure that incoming requests on port 5061 are directed to the SPA-3000, and you MIGHT need to open some other ports to actually get audio to pass).

The final hurdle will be the dynamic IP address Normally dynamic IP’s don’t actually change all that often, so that’s why I suggest taking the currently-assigned dynamic IP address and using it in the FreePBX configuration while testing - it just eliminates one possible source of error. But once you have it working, there are two things you can try. One is in the FreePBX config, set host=dynamic - if it still works, that’s probably all you need to do. Otherwise you can get an account with a service like dyndns and reference the dyndns address in the FreePBX configuration.

If you ever wonder if you are actually connecting to the adapter, from the CLI enter
sip show peers
You should see a line showing the trunk name/username and if you see OK in the final column (along with a time in ms) then FreePBX is seeing the adapter. So if you then have audio issues (one-way or no audio), that’s an entirely separate issue.

Just some thoughts for some things to try, not saying they will work but they might at least give you a better idea of where things are going wrong.

Thanks for your detailed reply, it almost made me to try again , but FreePBX and SIPURA is not connecting each other , actually I too have connected SIPURA to FreePBX in a same LAN and got it working . But here something is missing in CLI it show as unknown , but its not blocking from Firewall .

I’m still trying any result I will update here.