Setting TX gain and RX gain not working in dahdi config > global settings

I’m having trouble increasing the transmits and receive gain for my Sangoma A200 FXO card. The card is already setup and running the way I want for the most part, however the phone lines are too quiet especially on the receiving end of things.

I tried modifying the receive and transmit gain in Connectivity>DAHDI Configuration>Global Settings and after hitting save, applying the config changes and clicking on “restart dahdi & asterisk”

I have tried small db increments first such as 1.0 or 2.0 for both TX and RX with no luck. Thinking that maybe the increments were too small i tried 5.0 for both then 10.0 and no db value seems to make a difference.

Then i tried single digits db increments without a leading .0 and that didn’t make a difference.

The card in question has a hardware echo canceler module. Would that have any effect on how it would be configured. I couldnt help but notice that /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf has the following parameters:

HWEC_TX_AUTO_GAIN = 0 # 0: disable -40-0: default tx audio level to be maintained (-20 default)
HWEC_RX_AUTO_GAIN = 0 # 0: disable -40-0: default tx audio level to be maintained (-20 default)
HWEC_TX_GAIN = 0 # 0: disable -24-24: db values to be applied to tx signal
HWEC_RX_GAIN = 0 # 0: disable -24-24: db values to be applied to tx signal

If you are using wanpipe then I would urge you to set tx/rx gain in the native driver’s configuaration.

http://wiki.sangoma.com/Wanpipe-Asterisk-Configuration-File