Setting Account Code on Extensions Causing Outbound Calls to Fail

OK then where ever that +1214970XXXX is coming from is the issue. This is the the first line and only extension in queuedial. It won’t match anything starting with +

[ Context 'queuedial' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '_X.' =>          1. Set(QDIALER_QUEUE=${CDR(accountcode)})     [extensions_custom_asternic_outbound_freepbx.conf:29]

This is why you are getting

[2023-03-03 11:29:46] WARNING[7529][C-00002397]: pbx.c:4504 __ast_pbx_run: Channel 'SIP/4023-000010d8' sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=queuedial,+1214970XXXX,1

Because there’s no valid extension match.

1 Like

I’m surprised that jumping out of a hook macro is officially supported.

I’d guess the simple solution here is just editing the macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook context to trim off the + from the phone number.

It looks to me like this is a bug in Asternic, and should be taken up with its vendors. Possibly the extension pattern should be _[+0-9]. rather than _X. That would have to extend into qlog_queuedial, and probably even further. Basically Asternic doesn’t (fully) support numbers starting with +.

The account code is triggering it, because Asternic is only logging calls with an accountcode, so, presumably returns to normal processing if one isn’t present.

On the other hand, if you never wanted Asternic to analyse outbound calls, you should simply uninstall the optional code that implements that.

@david55 – You were right. This was a bug in Asternic and I had to work with the developer to correct it on our system. Thanks to everyone for their input here, I really appreciate it!

Was it corrected by the dev using
extensions_custom_asternic_outbound_freepbx_failover.conf
instead of
extensions_custom_asternic_outbound_freepbx.conf

Just curious as we use this product on several of our boxes.

1 Like

Hi @comtech

We were initially using extensions_custom_asternic_outbound_freepbx_failover.conf, but part of the solution was switching this to extensions_custom_asternic_outbound_freepbx.conf, along with modifying the extension pattern to accept a + in front of the number as @david55 was mentioning.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.