Set CID question

That seemed to fix it. Thanks! What is the NoOp line changing? I could tell by the logs when it was broke that ${EXTEN} was being set…so how did the NoOp make it work?

It was as @david55 said, there was no line to catch calls other than the specific CID cases. The Noop line doesn’t do anything other than provide a priority 1 for those.

This is technically correct, but long experience with writing contexts for this purpose has given me a level of comfort with just using _. It’s my lazy shorthand instead of writing separate lines for DIDs/CIDs with a leading + character, as well as for cases where one or both are missing. The most likely unexpected extension to catch with this dialplan is h, and happily there is a condition catching that in from-pstn in FreePBX, to terminate the channel.

What would you recommend for priorities on the callerID lines, the no-op line, and the goto line. I’m reading the docs but just not getting it.

I would guess that the order of parsing I want is my callerID lines, then the noop, and then the goto. Also, on the matching bit, looks like _X. is what should be on the callerID lines, but for the NoOp should it be _. or something more along the lines of “not _X.”?

I recommend you use the dialplan as written. Add additional Set lines for each CID you need using the same template, just change the CID number.

Thanks so much everyone, got it going!

One last question and I’ll shut up for a while :slight_smile:

While troubleshooting I found that if I didn’t send any callerid info that somewhere along the way it gets set to “Anonymous”, where does that get set and is it configurable?

If FreePBX is doing it, you will see a line to that effect somewhere in the call trace. I suspect it’s coming from the provider with that CID.

From the Vega logs I see the following, first is subject to the callerid rewrite that we’ve been working on, second one is the one that shows “Anonymous”. I’m just learning the “show dialplan number@foo” commands for debugging…how do you set callerid info on those for testing?

LOG: 06/07/2021 13:21:37.085 ISDN     (I)R01C2f incoming
   call ref=[f10f0615]                          srce=TEL:1234567890 [0]

LOG: 06/07/2021 13:21:37.085 ROUTER   (I)R0bC00 FINDROUTE profile:20(To_SIP) plan:5
   call ref=[f10f0615]                            <-- ISDN    [2,1] dest=TEL:1234 
                                                  --> SIP     [2,1] dest=TEL:1234

LOG: 06/07/2021 13:22:56.465 ISDN     (I)R01C2f incoming
   call ref=[f10f061d]                          srce= [0]

LOG: 06/07/2021 13:22:56.465 ROUTER   (I)R0bC00 FINDROUTE profile:20(To_SIP) plan:5
   call ref=[f10f061d]                            <-- ISDN    [2,1] dest=TEL:1234 
                                                  --> SIP     [2,1] dest=TEL:1234

The whole caller ID part, including the “/” should be left out. Asterisk uses the longest match, so a match including the caller ID will always win over the Noop line, without one. The order of the priority one lines doesn’t actually matter, although I would put the catch all one last.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.