Service unavailable

Hello everyone

environment - (Build from source FreePBX 2.9.0.12 & Asterisk 1.8) running on CentOS 5.7

I had freepbx running for the past few days, one thing I noticed is that sometimes when I dial out, I get a message on my phone “Service unavailable”, when I check trunk status on my freepbx everything seems to be okay.

to fix this issue, I have to go to trunk then select my trunk, click on submit changes button and reload the configurations and everything seems to work after for few hours.

any ideas on what is happening??

Thank you

We can’t help without knowing what version of FreePBX and Asterisk. How was it installed Distro or build by hand. What type of trunks do you have?

I have just updated the main post with environment information, (Build from source FreePBX 2.9.0.12 & Asterisk 1.8) running on CentOS 5.7

checking the logs

I’m getting “all-circuits-busy-now” and it gets fixed by reloading the config 'asterisk -r then execute reload command"

[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] file.c: File all-circuits-busy-now does not exist in any format
[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] file.c: Unable to open all-circuits-busy-now (format 0x4 (ulaw)): No such file or directory
[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] app_playback.c: ast_streamfile failed on SIP/1000-00000002 for all-circuits-busy-now&pls-try-call-later, noanswer
[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] file.c: File pls-try-call-later does not exist in any format
[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] file.c: Unable to open pls-try-call-later (format 0x4 (ulaw)): No such file or directory
[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] app_playback.c: ast_streamfile failed on SIP/1000-00000002 for all-circuits-busy-now&pls-try-call-later, noanswer

[Apr 16 11:05:49] WARNING[20065] file.c: Unable to open all-circuits-busy-now (format 0x4 (ulaw)): No such file or directory

The message above seems to indicate that you are missing the file all-circuits-busy-now in a format that the system can play.

Yeah! well, probably I forgot to copy few audio files during build process, regardless, it seems a little weird why do I have to only reload asterisk config to fix this behavior.

very strange, any ideas on what I need to check?

Thank you

well it turned to be an issue with the provider, what i have done is to tailf the log and grep for 503 or CONGESTION and I saw many of them, also it sometimes work but most of the times it doesn’t.

using my provider’s control panel, I changed the server and my DIDs point of presence (POP) to another server and it started to work again with no issues.