Server logging itself to death after removing GV accounts

I removed the 12 or so Google Voice Accounts we were using in light of GV shutting down their APIs, and now I’m getting this:

[2014-06-16 17:12:47] WARNING[1973]: res_xmpp.c:3569 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[2014-06-16 17:12:47] WARNING[1973]: res_xmpp.c:3566 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.
[2014-06-16 17:12:47] WARNING[1973]: res_xmpp.c:3633 xmpp_client_thread: JABBER: socket read error
[2014-06-16 17:12:47] WARNING[1970]: res_xmpp.c:3569 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[2014-06-16 17:12:47] WARNING[1970]: res_xmpp.c:3566 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Invalid XML.

Any ideas?

You removed the module without deleting the accounts, thereby leaving the accounts file for asterisk to parse. Delete jabber.conf, motif.conf, xmpp.conf from /etc/asterisk

Also please look more closely at your message next time, you only needed to post three lines of the log file. The other 200 lines were all duplicates.

Thank you! I know that those lines were duplicate, that’s the level of logging I’m having to deal with. ~200 lines per second, so I really appreciate your quick response. I’ll give this a try right now and post back to the forum with my results.
I actually removed the accounts through the GUI and this was the result of that, so there must be more to removing a GV account (like the steps you have outlined) than simply removing them via the GUI…

OK that did it, server is no longer suicidal. To be clear, after getting a new SIP trunk through Appia with unlimited channels - I went to “Connectivity | Trunks” and removed each GV account, then went to “Connectivity | Inbound Routes” and removed each DID there… after about 5 hours I noticed my App Memory climbing up to like 80% for the first time ever, so I jumped into the console and that’s when realized the excessive logging was taking place. In an attempt to “fix” the issue, I removed the “Google Voice/Chan Motif” module, but that had no impact.

I followed your steps, but did not see the jabber.conf, so I just moved the xmpp.conf & motif.conf to my /root directory and restarted the server. That fixed the problem.
Thanks again!