Yea, I thought that there was already 4GB in the system. I had ran it as a PIAF for some time with no problems.
I never had any issues and never had to do anything other than module updates and such.
I am about sure that there was 4GB in the thing, I really think someone raided it while it was offline and in storage room.
I had taken the box, running PIAF offline and retired it, about 8 months and I missed having the thing…
so I got it back out and decided I would do fresh install since that had been on it about 2, maybe 3 years.
So Memory to be here Tue’s according to Amazon.
I’ll hold out for that before I decide to go back to 13… it may very well be the issue.
I had been trying to look for those log files showing the install of the ODBC package… so I could upload them as you requested. I still have not found that.
but while looking, I noticed in the Asterisk log, some attempted connects to ip address’s not involved in my trunk or any of my systems… so I got to thinking it could have been something from that module.
[2017-09-30 16:41:25] NOTICE res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘INVITE’ from ‘“False” sip:False@XXX.XXX.249.51’ failed for ‘126.96.36.199:5221’ (callid: 1312583727) - No matching endpoint found
and a couple times in with those, it spoke of sipvicious. i was sorta reading between the lines, so thats why I tried to disable that module to see if it was from that.
I may have been wrong, maybe its from another module, thats what I wanted to narrow down… by diabling one at a time and checking if it continued.
I ran FreePBX for about a week before I did the upgrade to 14… never had a single glitch on 13… didnt even get any memory warnings on it…
made calls, all seemed to work, at least from what little I had done with it. made a few calls, .
that brings me to the fwconsole chown command.
once I had tried to apply configuration after I disabled the module. and it gave me the
Error: Did not receive valid response from server
XHR response code: 500 XHR responseText: undefined jQuery status: error
response… I left the pop up dialog in place, googled it, got the results on the community, all that i read said to do the amportal chown.
well, i remembered you saying that amportal wasnt used now, and it was fwconsole so i issued the command as root on the console, clicked retry on the web interface, and it went right through… and seems to have corrected the problem.
that was about the third time I had gotten that error when doign the upgrades for modules and things… if i dont do the chown command, then it causes other problems, like connecting to asterisk failes and two other errors…
so thats why i had tried that.
now, to figure out if those lines are still hitting the asterisk log, i may not have had the right module, and that may even be normal for the system.