Sending RTP to the wrong IP address

I’m not sure what is going on. I had couple of days ago this configuration and everything went fine until I tried to made some imnprovements and it stoped working. I reinstalled everything from scratch. Now I’ve got FPBX 2.10 with Asterisk 1.8.9.2.

I have a trunk set and running correctly (I can make calls to the outside (pstn) through that sip trunk) but when calling between extensions (one of them outside the Asterisk’s LAN) it won’t work. When doing “sip show peers” it shows the public ip of the peer aoutside but when doing “rtp set debug on” it shows up that Asterisk is sending the rtp traffic to a private adress (10.x.x.x). I’ve tried setting up another Local Network Field in sip settings (10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0) but it doesn’t work. Everything else seems to be exactly the same as the prior working version.

Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Is the externip set correctly?

Yes. External IP is set correctly. I’ll explain with more detail what is happening. Lets say A is the client that is inside the Asterisk’s NATed LAN and B is the one outside (behind another NAT at the same time).

I call from B to A and the signaling works fine. How ever, Asterisk is sending the rtp media of A to B’s private address (that media is getting somewhere inside the Asterisk’s LAN) instead of sending it to the public that is shown in “sip show peers”. One thing to point out is that when I hung up in A, B doesn’t get the corresponging signaling because the call never ends (it makes sense since Asterisk is sending the packets to the private address).

Nonetheless, when A starts the call and I hung up the call in A, B does hung up automatically. Traffic is being sent to the same private address and not getting traffic from B.

I have FreePBX upgraded to the latest running with Asterisk 1.8.9.2.

Ok, it’s fixed.

It was the router’s firewall (Fortigate 60B). It had to be disable the sip helper and nat tracer helper with a few commands.

Thanks!

Hi BorjaGVO,

I know this is out of context of this forum, however I’m having exactly the same issue with my asterisk behind Fortigate 80CM, can you tell in detail how you solved the issue?

Thanks!

Hi BorjaGVO,

I know this is out of context of this forum, however I’m having exactly the same issue with my asterisk behind Fortigate 80CM, can you tell in detail how you solved the issue?

Thanks!