Self-install Centos 7.6 - FPBX - Asterisk 16.1.1 - SIP/2.0 603 Declined

Fresh (self) install on an Azure host. I can get audio by dialing something that the PBX will play back itself (like ‘Invalid Number’), but I cant seem to get a connection established between 2 endpoints (phone->softphone) and also cant dial inbound (cell -> extension via inbound route). It seems to be failing for the same reason/with the same kind of log messages.

I have a SIP debug capture but the forums wont let me post them in here - and i also cant post a pastebin link. Any advice on that front?

Just post a short excerpt in your message. Chances are, you’ve horked up a password or a registration string.

The fact that you’re trying to do this in Azure is plenty frightening to start. Of course, I feel that way whenever someone decides to add Microsoft to a venue where they aren’t lifely to play nice, though. Who knows, maybe they’ve changed and will suddenly stop being to gorilla in the network.

I can get both of the testing endpoints calling into the system to hear system recordings but they cant talk to eachother - so I’m not sure Registration/passwords are the issue.

I’m trying to post even a single SIP debug packet and it claims its a link :frowning:
EDIT: I found out it really dislikes [email protected] so i got this posted below with the @'s replaced

<— Reliably Transmitting (NAT) to PUBIP-SIPTRUNK:5060 —>
SIP/2.0 603 Declined
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP PUBIP-SIPTRUNK;branch=z9hG4bK9843.c9ad4586.0;received=PUBIP-SIPTRUNK;rport=5060
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP;branch=z9hG4bK04Bd68239da36a5ceb5
From: "MYCELL " <sip:+MYCELLNUM at>;tag=gK046dd564
To: <sip:+TESTINBOUND at PUBIP-SIPTRUNK>;tag=as6788eea9
Call-ID: [email protected] 192 number
CSeq: 740339 INVITE
Server: FPBX-
Supported: replaces, timer
Content-Length: 0

From the endpoint, dial “*65” (Star Six Five). The phone should play back “Your extension number is …” with your extension number.

Yeah - it connects and says its speaking, but no audio / dont hear the extension number.

Just got word from the boss that I’m scrapping it and doing it on-prem for the short term anyway though…due to this issue. ah well.

I bet whomever comes up with a prebuilt resource for FreePBX on Azure would be a hero. Having to do the manual install (since you cant boot from an iso in Azure) is a PITA.

Also as a note - I saw a similar issue to this that referenced Ast16 as being the issue. Was going to consider downgrading to Ast15 but that is probably more work than building fresh with Ast15 from the start.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.