Segmentation fault when applying changes


We are running FPBX on centos 5.6 and asterisk

Whenever we commit a configuration change via the admin screen we often crash the asterisk process with a segmentation fault-

[[email protected] ~]# /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 145: 7518 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} > /dev/${TTY} 2>&1 < /dev/${TTY}
Asterisk ended with exit status 139
Asterisk exited on signal 11.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.

It occurs about 50% of the time when we commit changes by pressing the orange bar

They should be the same version, I installed everything from asterisk’s own yum repo !

The backtrace can be found here-

Check that your Asterisk modules in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules are with the same date.
How to debug Asterisk:

Have you updated Centos?
Do you run this in a XEN environment?

No, this is a standard Centos5 install from Centos repos.
kernel is 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5

Any updates have always been done via yum.

Its happening on several of our PBXs now, all running asterisk and FPBX 2.8.1 as well as 2.9


This does like like exactly the same issue I am seeing on my thread

Thanks for the heads up and I have subscribed.


Heres another example, completely different PBX, running asterisk and FPBX

Again, the asterisk process crashes whenever we commit a change via FPBX


I need the fax modules in for Fax for Asterisk to work, or do you mean just as a temporary test?


I am using PIAF so I will need to find out how to move to an earlier version of Asterisk.



This is the backtrace from clicking the red bar after using system recordings.




I have checked the module dates and they are all July 3rd except and, I assume because they are installed separately as part of Asterisk Fax.


Remove those files or noload them in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf

GWalmsley, you need to recompile Asterisk and select DONT_OPTIMIZE in menuselect.
What happens if you install

Bug in Asterisk

yep, Ive just downgraded to the previous RPM, and it works fine now!

Ok, so I just need to work out how to downgrade to in PIAF and its fixed.

Shame Digium introduce a bug in the final ‘bugfix’ but then won’t fix it.



Just a quick update, the bug is going to be fixed in