Security Releases

Since I updated these 3 modules last night, asterisk cli doesn’t give any debug output and nothing is written to /var/log/asterisk/full. From the asterisk cli I’ve tried:
core set debug 9
core set verbose 9
logger set level DEBUG
pjsip set logger on
manager set debug on
cdr set debug on
rtp set debug on
rtcp set debug on

None of these commands produce any debugging output. I have no debugging capabilities without packet captures and I have no logs to chase errors in.

logger show channels only has /var/log/asterisk/fail2ban (it no longer has /var/log/asterisk/full - type file or type console)

I’ve managed to manually added a channel back with the logger in cli, but this is temporary until a restart:
logger add channel /var/log/asterisk/full debug,notice,warning,error,verbose

H̶o̶w̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶n̶e̶l̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶(̶f̶i̶l̶e̶,̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶)̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶?̶

I found that /etc/asterisk/logger_logfiles_addtional.conf only contains:
fail2ban => notice,warning,security

I added the missing pieces to /etc/asterisk/logger_logfiles_custom.conf to get logs/debugs working again permanently:
console => debug,error,notice,verbose,warning
full => debug,error,notice,verbose,warning

I’ve managed to get logs flowing again with the above method, my questions now are… Was removing these channels intentional? Am I re-opening up a possible attack vector by doing this?