Script after recording doesn´t work

Hi anybody

We are recording all incomming calls of our queues. This is working fine, but we get to files. One for the incomming audio and one for the outgoing audio. Now we would like to only one file.

In the web gui i can configure “General Settings” “Run after record”. Here I placed my script but id does not work.

When I place my script by adding

MONITOR_EXEC=/usr/local/bin/monitor

to /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf in global section, it work very well.
But you know, one change ie weg gui and the entry is gone.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Christian

The built in design should already do the merging of the inbound and outbound audio streams upon completion of a call automatically. So something is up with your configuration.

More details please. Versions, distro or hand built, etc…

And you are correct you should NOT edit extensions_additional.conf. See http://freepbx.org/configuration_files for what files you are allowed to edit and which ones are owned by the system and should not be touched.

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Your are right for normal extensions but with queues the both audio tracks are not merged.

So how can I do the merge?

Thanks for your help
Christian

ok lack of details is hurting here…

Version of asterisk?
Version of FreePBX?

It should do it in one of two ways depending on versions of things.

For * 1.2 it should put monitor-join=yes in queues_additional.conf
For 1.6 is has to do not use monitor-join as that command has been removed and instead it places the line monitor-type=mixmonitor
For 1.4 it will use either method depending on the version of FreePBX you are using (there was a bug reported and addressed for this see #2637.

For queues, take a quick review of the commands and options available in the configuration files…

From http://www.asterisk.name/asterisk/0596009623/asterisk-app-d-sect-34.html

OK you are right. Here are the missing informations.

asterisk version 1.2.24
FreePBX version 2.5

When I place monitor-join=yes in queues_additional.conf it is gone by the next configuration update with freepbx gui.
This can not be the solution.

Thanks a lot
Christian

Above I said to check the queues_additional.conf file, you can’t edit that file.

Please read the note at the top of the queues_additional.conf, it should have the statement below and as you have found it means it:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------; ; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ; ; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make ; ; custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files ; ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------; ;

So place the change in the proper file queues_custom.conf file and it should then work.

Please do a reload of freepbx and then post you queue_additional.conf file.

cherzberg, Did you just upgrade to 2.5 and this started happening? The code should work properly. We are wondering if there is a code migration issue. Can you please post your queue*.conf files so we can review them? Also list the settings you have selected for the queue via the Web gui so we can see if there is something strange going on.

Thanks.

Hi,

this is my queues_additional.conf

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make ;
; custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;

[601]
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=yes
leavewhenempty=no
maxlen=0
monitor-format=wav
monitor-join=yes
music=default
periodic-announce-frequency=0
queue-callswaiting=silence/1
queue-thankyou=
queue-thereare=silence/1
queue-youarenext=silence/1
retry=5
strategy=roundrobin
timeout=15
weight=0
wrapuptime=0
agentannounce_id=
context=
periodic-announce=
member=Local/[email protected]/n,0
member=Local/[email protected]/n,1
member=Local/[email protected]/n,1

[602]
announce-frequency=30
announce-holdtime=no
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=yes
joinempty=no
leavewhenempty=yes
maxlen=1
monitor-format=wav
monitor-join=yes
music=default
periodic-announce-frequency=120
queue-callswaiting=queue-callswaiting
queue-thankyou=queue-thankyou
queue-thereare=queue-thereare
queue-youarenext=queue-youarenext
retry=5
strategy=ringall
timeout=0
weight=0
wrapuptime=0
agentannounce_id=
context=
periodic-announce=
member=Local/[email protected]/n,0

The only way I got it running was to add the variable “MONITOR_EXEC=” into extension.conf.

Thanks
Christian

we also need the other queue files. queues_custom.conf, queues_general_additional.conf for example.

Here are the two files asked for.

queues_custom.conf

emty

queues_general_additional.conf

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------$
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications t$
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make $
; custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files $
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------$
;

persistentmembers=yes

Thanks
Christian