SCCP stopped working after patching FreePBX

After patching FreePBX today, my Cisco phone using an SCCP connection using CHAN_SCCP_B stopped working. It can apparently no longer register, but it also seems to have the wrong date & time which might indicate an issue with TFTP.

Was there a change in the firewall? I already checked my settings and I still have SCCP defined as a custom service.

One odd thing: When I rebooted the machine, I got an error message that the network card is not in the correct zone (can’t remember the exact wording), but it eventually went away.

In the responsive firewall my network card is set to external and I have added my two local networks (192.168.a.b and 10.10.c.d) as trusted zones. FreePBX runs on the 10.10.c.d network.

I don’t see any error messages in the log.

Will try to disable the firewall next and then re-check my CHAN_SCCP_B configuration…

Well, I turned off the firewall in FreePBX, but that didn’t solve the problem. I also checked my SCCP configuration files and everything seems to be in place.

Then I rebooted once more and checked for any errors in the logs. Nothing!

I am somewhat puzzled. I only updated FreePBX. Why would that result in SCCP to stop working?

I can see the Cisco phone trying to register, but Asterisk somehow doesn’t respond to it. Maybe this is an Asterisk issue? I will try to do some more debugging.

Is anybody else using SCCP on FreePBX? Is it still working for you? I do remember that it stopped working after rebooting my machine…

OK. I have made some progress. I found that the module is no longer compatible. So, I started to rebuild it, but it fails on the make step with the following error message:

sccp_socket.c: In function ‘sccp_socket_setoptions’:
sccp_socket.c:1061: error: ‘tv’ undeclared (first use in this function)
sccp_socket.c:1061: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sccp_socket.c:1061: error: for each function it appears in.)

So, it seems that it broke with an Asterisk patch as suspected. I will create a post in the chan-sccp_b forum as soon as possible.

Good news!

I found that the latest SVN version of chan-sccp-b resolves the compilation issue.

If you are having the same issue, you can find the latest snapshot here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/chan-sccp-b/code/HEAD/tarball