Sangoma S500 Dial Plan

I just got a couple of Sangoma S500 IP phones in to test out, and I’m running into an issue with the dial plan. First, let me preface this by saying that I’ve added the phones to our in-house PBX, which we use on a daily basis with Cisco SPA508G phones (and a few SPA504G phones, SPA2102 ATAs, and Obi302 ATAs thrown in for good measure.) All of that works fine, so I know for a fact the PBX itself is configured and working correctly.

That said, here is the dial plan I am currently using on the Sangoma phones:

{<=1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[12345]xx|7x|*x.}

My understanding of what this should do is: Any 10-digit North America call (area code + number), prepend a 1 to it and then dial. (So the PBX will receive 1 + area code + number.) Any 11-digit North America call (1 + area code + number), send as-is. Allow three-digit extensions to be called in the 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, and 5xx series. Support call parking at 70-79. Then allow star codes of varying length to be dialed.

Here’s where we hit a problem: If I pick up the phone and try to dial 11-digit, the call gets sent to the server after the 2nd digit of the area code. So, for example, if I try to dial 1-706-375-2165 (a weather line), the call gets sent as extension 170. Furthermore, if I try to dial 10-digit to any area code beginning with 2, 3, 4, or 5, the call gets sent after dialing the area code. (So, if I dial 423-476-1111, it gets dialed as extension 423.)

I’ve even tried re-arranging the dial plan like this:

{<=1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[12345]xx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|7x|*x.}

Same result. (Moving the order around seems to have no effect.)

Here’s what I ultimately want to allow to happen:

• Allow users to call extensions in the 100 - 599 range.
  • Allow users to call North America numbers as 10-digits (NXXNXXXXXX)
  • Allow users to call North America numbers as 11-digits (1NXXNXXXXXX)
  • Allow users to access call parking (70 - 79)
  • Allow users to use star codes.

I probably need to throw in N11 dialing as well, but haven’t got to that point yet.

Any ideas? Am I writing something wrong in the dial plan? Or is it an issue with the dial plan parser that would have to be addressed in a firmware update?

Thanks in advance!