Sangoma Phones

Not so much, tzdata is updated many times a year to handle the vagaries of the world including changes to “DST” in any country at there whim , it is generally not a problem. I suggest you trust it. Even if you live in Australia, India , Nepal or some parts of Canada

I agree that if they use the OS tables the problem is mooth but if if the device itself has it own tables/rules that’s another story…

I used to have an ATA for which you had to craft it’s own special format of DST rule to have it handle it gracefully…

Nick

that’s what dhcp option 42 is in intended to do, If you don’t use dhcp or your hardware doesn’t accept that then you are limited to the hardware limitations, which I agree are often less than spectacular.

Our phones fully support DHCP Option 2 and 42 and can be enabled in the base file editor of EPM. You can review the wiki here on every pcode value we have. http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Sangoma+P+Codes

This wiki shows how to change a base file inside EPM http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/How+to+use+Base+File+Editor+in+EPM

For example to turn on DHCP Option 42

P144
EPM Default Value: 0
Description: Allow DHCP Option 42 To Override NTP Server 0 - no, 1 - yes

You can also force set Daylights savings on and the start and end dates

P75
EPM Default Value: daylight
Description: Daylight Saving Time 0 - no, 1 - yes
P102
EPM Default Value: dateFormat
Description: Date Display Format 0 - Year - Month - Day, 1 - Month - Day - Year, 2 - Day - Month - Year

We have a ticket internally to enhance the time zone settings of EPM for Sangoma phones to match what the phones support and leave the old offsets of + or - for all other brands since each brand handles this different.

Hi Dicko; isnt DHCP option 42 used to set an NTP server that the device can use? Which NTP is going to provide the time as UMT/GMT 0?

I believe using DHCP Option 42, with DHCP Option 100 would achieve the desired result, if the phone makes use of DHCP Option 100 (Tony?).

From my understanding, and this may not be accurate:

DHCP Option 42 - would be the IP Address or FQDN of the NTP Server. NTP provides a UTC timesource
DHCP Option 100 - would be the TZ POSIX string, so in my case, I would provide ‘NZST-12NZDT,M9.5.0,M4.1.0/3

Cheers

No we do not support Option 100. We support Option 2 which is offset

Thanks for the clarification. I think we need to sit tight and wait for the planned changes.

Hi Tony

Could you please provide some information around this. I can’t find where I can set the manual DST settings in EPM?

Thanks

Hi Again

Do you know if that made it in to 2.04.20? I’ve had a look of the release notes; but cant see anything that stands out (to me anyway :))

Thanks

It’s in EPM under the region tab.

Look.in the wiki for the pcode. Their is a pcode to change each of the program buttons.

Not for me… also tried an upgrade from edge…

I have already looked at this - Sangoma Documentation

But I can’t see anything on how I can remap the physical buttons to other functions - but I may just be struggling to look for the right thing.

Cheers

What version of EPM do u have installed.

That is not anywhere close to latest.

Yup, sorry… dev system license has expired for end point manager… so although fwconsole ma --edge upgrade endpoint appears to run through without any errors, it doesn’t actually do anything.

Ok, working on the other system…

Looks good - I will test tomorrow with the phone…

No it installed whatever latest edge you were allowed to get based on when your maintenance expired. All modules published before that date can be installed even after maintenance expiration.