Sangoma P310 - cannot call out

It’s a big tent here. There isn’t much we can action yet in this thread, but I’m invested to see how the quest ends.

1 Like

This phone has been deemed defective by the company we purchased it from. This phone is garbage, would not recommend it to anyone. Going back to snom which we should have done before. Lesson learned.

I will take your defective garbage if you care to sell it. By the way, who is your VoIP provider?

@Compugeeks

Can you PM me with full details please. I’m interested in following up on this case in a more formal way. Thanks.

Hi Bill, we use talking platforms.

@lgaetz - we have already boxed up the phone and given it to fedex. Thank you for your willingness to help.

This place: https://www.talkingplatformsusa.com/?

Well since they cannot even figure out a basic phone, I know never to deal with them.
Also, this…

This means you are a service Provider or Reseller. If you are the company I found as the first hit when I put your username into Google, you would have been better off to create an account with a more anonymous username…

Not sure why it is hard for you to accept facts, but the fact is this phone is a POS. Three different brand phones all work, this one didn’t. Did i get a bad one? Probably, it happens. But the fact remains this particular phone would not work, so it’s junk. As for your veiled threat, you definitely have a set.

John, one reason this thread took a more intense tone is that you are saying the phone is “POS”, “garbage”, “dud” but,

• its intended use is with a Sangoma system
  • your ITSP doesn’t know how to support it
  • you didn’t share any of the troubleshooting information here that the community requested

So while the phone may not work for you, I don’t think you have the grounds to make any statements of quality about it.

1 Like

The phone is designed to work with FreePBX and PBXact, but also is configurable for Open SIP. Either your ITSP doesn’t know what they are doing with this particular phone (which is fine, you don’t have to sell them) or this particular device is defunct. If the former, there is nothing we can do to help you. If the latter, you should have worked with @lgaetz to come to a mutually beneficial solution. Calling the phone a “POS” and then not working with the community you initially engaged for help isn’t a great course of action.

I was hoping for a more satisfying conclusion to the quest. I doubt anyone will be reaching out for the movie rights to this story. Still trying to figure out how “Point of Sale” works into all this.

Locking thread.

3 Likes