Sangoma OS 7.5 is out!

There’s no major changes, and nothing traumatic that has potential to break things. The only thing to be aware of is that we had to (as usual) update the kmod-* packages (Kernel Modules) which do take a long time to update. Don’t panic. There’s nothing we can do about this, as every kernel module needs to look at all the kernels installed (not running, installed) on your computer, and see figure out which ones they are compatible with. Then they build an initrd for that kernel, so yeah. It takes a while. Sorry 8-(

This also resolves the DHCP CVE (which we were not affected by, as we disable NetworkManager).

Simply run yum update and you’ll be upgraded.

Minor warning: If you had previously installed the ‘sangoma-devel’ package (for example, if you are doing FreePBX Development) you will need to upgrade that FIRST, because that pins you to 7.4. If you don’t, you’ll get errors about kernel requirements. If you do have it installed, run yum upgrade sangoma-devel first.

The new 7.5 ISO is in final testing, and should be out within 24 hours or so. One of the reasons it’s taken so long is that we’ve changed the way the FreePBX RPM installs (which is why it used to take up to 30 minutes to install on slow machines), and it’s sped the install up dramatically. More news about that tomorrow (hopefully!)

–Rob

1 Like

Hi.

When I try the yum update, I get the following errors:

http://dontpad.com/freepbx2

This morning I went to Admin -> Updates -> System Updates and there were 237 updates available. I ran that (and it did take a while as you mentioned), but is that the same thing as “yum update” ? These version numbers didn’t change:

Current PBX Version: 14.0.3.2
Current System Version: 12.7.4-1804-2.sng7

I made a new installation using the ISO of 1805 and in /etc/schmooze/pbx-version appears 12.7.4-1804-2.sng7

Run yum upgrade.

[root@freepbx ~]# yum upgrade
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
No packages marked for update

This has already been answered

1 Like

We hadn’t finished testing, and the updated sangoma-pbx version (12.7.5-1805-2) is being pushed out to the mirrors now. There is no difference at all between it and 12.7.4-1804-2, which is why it wasn’t included in the ISO. I realise this is confusing. Sorry 8-(

i had to do this before yum update would complete. maybe it helps someone

rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

yum clean all

rm -rf /var/cache/yum

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.