S505 doesn't prepend 1 on calls redialed from history

We have a Sangoma template with the following dial pattern:

{<=1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|[12345]xx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|7x|*x.}

If I call 4235098000 for example, the phone properly prepends the 1 and sends the call on.

However, if I receive a call with a 10 digit caller ID like 4235098000, the phone does NOT prepend the 1 if I go to History and hit send on that entry. I have to actually type the number out or click “edit before send” in order for it to prepend the 1.

Essentially, it seems that the call log doesn’t respect the dial pattern unless you edit before sending.

Is there a setting to change this, or would this be something addressed by firmware?

Neither, this is something you should fix in your outbound route and trunk configuration. You don’t want all the possible variants of phone numbers rattling around in the internals of your system. Settle on a specific number format you want to use (with 1, without 1, with E186, etc.) and modify the inbound information so that it conforms, and then use your trunk number modification rules to specify exactly what should happen when the number comes in so the SIP provider can handle the call.

1 Like

Short answer: In FreePBX, set up your Outbound Route(s) to accept the ten digit format and prepend 1 or +1 (whatever is needed by your trunking providers).

In more detail, you should decide on a standard format for numbers in your system. On outbound calls, numbers in that format should be converted (in the trunk settings) to what the trunk provider requires. On incoming, caller IDs should be rewritten to that format. That way, numbers in your directories, CRM system, call logs, etc. will be in a consistent format. Most US-based systems represent domestic numbers as 10 digits.

You may also want the PBX to accept numbers in other formats. For example, if you’re in the 423 area, your Outbound Route may accept 5098000 and convert it to 4235098000 (which the trunk would then convert to 14235098000, if that’s what your provider expects). It should then not be necessary to do any rewriting in phones or other user devices (though in your case, it would do no harm).

1 Like

I would qualify

“Most US-based systems represent domestic numbers as 10 digits.”

True for callerID, but by locale, the bigger markets increasing enforce 1NXXNXXXXXX dialing for obvious reasons

that is not a biggie, allow both 11 and 10 digit dialing, use from-pstn-e164 to normalise to the either 10 or 11 , whatever is prevalent in your locale, if both prefer 10 digits
be prepared to replace + from your soft-phone extensions with whatever you prefer for outbound.

that way everything, inbound/outbound and redialing should be sweet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.