RTP Multicast Music Streaming-I just can't get it to work

I am trying to multicast (stream) music to a Snom PA-1 overhead paging device for a client. I can multicast page from my Yealink T28 to a T20 and/or the PA-1 (via 224.0.0.1:1234). However, when I try streaming music from MulticastStreamer or VLC on my Windows 7 PC, I get nothing. The T-28 is on a separate switch than the PA-1 and it WORKS, and the computer and the T28 are on the SAME switch (and it still doesn’t work) so I don’t think it is a network boardcast issue.

Not that it matters with RTP multicasting, but I am running FreePBX 12. I have about a year of intense experience with FreePBX, Yealink phones, SIP connections, etc.

I read Ward Mundy’s post at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=6443 but still could not get it to work.

Thank you for your help.

Still no luck with multicasting music. Neither from computer to phones or from computer to overhead paging module (Snom PA-1) works. Multicasting from phones to phones or overhead paging works fine.

I really need to figure this out. I tried it on a new Netgear Prosafe switch and still it did not work. HELP!

Unfortunately for you windoze doesn’t really understand Networking properly yet (seriously ! ) try a real OS :wink:

OK, so what OS should I try? Linux?

1 Like

It works for me and conveniently you already have a working instance :wink: .

I did this with FFMPEG on Windows and it works pretty good. Its command line so easy to include into a shortcut or script. I did a quick YouTube to show how. YouTube vid --> BX12aP5DXuk

As one would expect after four years of troubleshooting…

Time is an illusion. All we have is now

2 Likes