Routing calls through SIP trunks of IAX linked FreePBX servers

Happy New Year all…!

This is most likely a simple thing to get sorted…

I have two FreePBX servers - one at my office and one at home. Both have SIP trunks to the outside world and can make and receive calls through their respective extensions.

Reciently, I have linked both systems through an IAX trunk. I am doing more work from how now and want the ability to have the office number available at home.

The systems work well together. When a call comes in via the office SIP trunk, phones ring at the office and in my home office via my home pbx. I can also call the office extensions from home and vice-versa. All good.

However, I have yet to sort out routing a call from my home PBX out through the SIP Trunk on the office PBX. Whatever I seem to do, all that happens is that the home PBX ends up calling the office PBX just as if a call has come in from the outside world . I cannot seem to get a call to come in via the IAX trunk and to route straight out the SIP trunk on the office PBX (I have a “welcome to company xxx” that is played to the caller prior to extensions ringing).

Can anyone give me pointers as to what I am not doing right?

Many thanks,

Dan

wnat Is your trunk context? Have you read this? It talks about having calls go out over the remote PBX.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.