RoomX under Freepbx

I don’t speak French but I am def interested in RoomX. Wow that would be amazing to break into the small to medium hospitality market.

1 Like

Hi Rob!

When I saw the Español category I wondered the same thing…

Not because I would actually use it for myself (my presence on the Internet is about 99% in English if not more and I sincerely hope it is not that noticeable that English is not my native language) but because other people might need it.

Please note that I said “use it for myself”. If I was able to I would try to help people who post there…

Here the only language we learn besides French is English (at least it was the case when I went to school and as far as I know it is still the case)…

I know a few words of Italian, Romanian, Russian and Spanish but nothing I could use to have a sustained conversation in any of those languages… I know a word or two in languages related to those like Ukrainian and Bulgarian and can, as you most likely guessed, read Cyrillic letters (doesn’t mean I understand what I read though…). :wink:

It definitely helps that some of my friends/colleagues natively speak most of these languages or that people I help(ed) translate another application do (for that application I act, amongst other things, as a translation coordinator)…

I learned quite a while ago that most languages are harder than French or English to learn so I doubt I will ever be able to speak anything besides French or English fluently…

Have a nice day!

Nick

PS: If you do create a Français category you might want to put the “off topic” messages we wrote there… :wink:

Hi dicko!

Should I congratulate you or Google? :wink:

I think it’s you that should be congratulated as I don’t think Google translate would get the “baisé” part right… :blush:

It’s almost perfect, the only change I would do would be to write “Mon vieil ami” (“bon vieux ami” sounds too much like a litteral translation of “good old friend”).

Have a nice day!

Nick

Franck is all of a good and old and friend, of mine, read ‘fucked’ for baise… For more info, he is a Breton, so be careful :wink:

1 Like

Hi dicko, my old friend. Happy to see you again. :wink:

I will be unemploied the next year, so i will have some free time. And maybe start my own job at home why not.

Yes about Elastix we have been fucked indeed.Not only me. i’have had a good feeling with Edgar until now. Today, no more trust on him.
Today it’s an old story. I need to turn the page and go ahead.

If i can make something for Freepbx and in same time (a futur for of Elastix “but i don’t know its futur”). I prefere to work on a common project.

Yes please! It would be awesome to port the module.

1 Like

hi i’m very interested by your proposition because elastix go with 3cx and i would like to stay with asterisk

We would love to have this brought into a FreePBX Module. What can we do to help and assist you with this?

Thank you @tonyclewis it means a lot for you to get behind this. This could open up many doors that we would not be allowed to knock on currently.

From my looking around seems roomx is not a PMS integration module but a PMS software module suitable for small niche hotels mainly bed and breakfast.

Sangoma has started a internal project to get a PMS integration module built that would be a commercial module and we spend tens of thousands with oracle already to get access to their API and Certification for their PMS software suite as its the most common one large and medium hotels use.

Ok well I am not sure how to help get this kicked off but we are more then willing to help coordinate and work with the project maintainers to help port this into FreePBX and tightly integrate this into FreePBX GUI. Someone needs to reach out to me in PM who runs the project and I will setup a call with some internal devs here and the RoomX devs to see how we can work together to get this done and included in stock FreePBX as a module.

Tony, @danardf is the sole developer of RoomX…

Have a nice day!

Nick

Thank you. I was aware of that. I will wait for him to contact me as its a decision he has to make if he wants to invest the time with us to do this.

Hi all
Thanks for your comments.

It should not be a real portability of RoomX under Freepbx as module, but a new project (under construction) Leticom.
The idea should be to have the same features like RoomX with another design.
Leticom was an old project, but today, i could continue this one.
I’ll do starting the next month.
I’ve no idea when it could be ready in prod. I need to take some time to coding Leticom.

About PMS integration, I could code one for Fidelio Opera. However, i’ve not this software.
I’ve got the protocol in details, But i could not make any tests.
If somebody has Opera and could make any tests when the gateway PMS will be ready, it will be great.

Franck

Frank

Be careful with coding for those PMS. Oracle made it very clear to us we had to go through certification and pay huge money to have access to use their APIs and that they do not allow 3rd party uncertified connections. Secondly most hotels refuse to let you connect to their PMS if your software is not certified with their vendor.

Paid a certification is a joke.
A guy has paid a certification and this does not mean that you have more informations in details about API.
If Oracle want to give these informations, ok, else you need to cry for having them.
I know that it’s around 5000€ or something like that.
It’s too expensive (for me).

It was 25,000 USD. Ya its crazy.

Yes indeed!

I would be very interested in RoomX for the FreePBX

We are working on a plan with @danardf to get this started off first week of January. More to come soon.

5 Likes