Rob's been missing again.. But I have a good reason

I apologise for the total lack of involvement I’ve had over the past couple of months, and I’d really like to publically thank Philippe for carrying the torch while I’ve been unavailable. But, I do have a good reason, and I should fill everyone in on what’s been going on and where I’ve been.

We've been reasonably low-key about it, but my wife, Tharyn, (Which is pronounced 'Tarrin', like Karen but with a T at the start) was almost 5 months pregnant, until Tuesday of last week. We'd been having minor problems until the week before last, but then her waters broke on Monday the 23rd. This is what's called 'Pre-Term Premature Rupture of Membranes' and the results are, statisically, bad. She was laid up in bed for a full week, but unfortunately, the baby died on Tuesday (6 days later) and she had to deliver it stillborn.

So, yes. I’ve been absent. Sorry, but as I said, I’ve had a good reason. I’ll probably be absent for a couple of more weeks - Tharyn, Jade and I are going to take a bit of a holday for a couple of weeks, so I won’t be around. I’m sure that Philippe will continue doing his fantastic job of keeping everything rolling, and he’s doing really well with the articles he’s posting here.

There’s no need to post good wishes - you can, of course, if you want to - as we know your thoughts are with us, and if you yourself have lost a child, you know how much it hurts, and what we’re going through.

I apologise for the morbidity of this post, but unfortunately these things do happen and they do disrupt our lives.

RIP, Chloe Thomas. Born Sleeping, 29th May, 2007.