FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Robo calls received between less or 1s

(Andre Frossard) #1

My business has been receiving a lot of bot calls (robo calls) in a space of 1s or less. I want to know if someone has a way to block it and send to the blacklist in the beginning of the calls.

(Lorne Gaetz) #2

Robocalls can be dealt with by forcing callers to an IVR that requires them to provide DTMF input. I hacked a whitelist project which only requires to do this once: Of Robocalls and Whitelists

(Andre Frossard) #3

Thanks I will read your article. I’ve read some forum posts about that and I even learn about “Lenny”. But this was strange as they are making hundreds of calls in minutes. I thought there were something easy on freepbx to block this strange pattern of calls. It’s like their system is using some kind of war dialler.

(Itzik) #4

I have a feeling you getting sip attacks.

Can you please elaborate what happens when you get these robo calls?

Are they coming through one specific DID?

(Andre Frossard) #5

I’ve found out today about that on our branch office. It’s a real number and only one. It stays 14~15s and disconnect.

(Itzik) #6

Do you have a DID 465011?

(Andre Frossard) #7

Yes that comes from GXW410X, analog lines.

(Itzik) #8

I’m not going to say otherwise. But it looks like you have 5060 open and allowing anonymous SIP Guest.

Anyway, if you are certain it comes through your analog lines, I would simply blacklist this Caller ID.

(Andre Frossard) #9

I never allow annonymous SIP Calls (checked again and is turned off) but the “allow sip guest” is turned on as Freepbx default. I did blacklist it today and I hope only this helps. I will implement the project from Igaetz too. Thanks for your help.

(system) closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.